Myer Group interviews (1 Viewer)

lil dynamyt

HSC
anyone going to sydney city myer interviews? Thats the one im goin to on friday.

frontin

HSC
I just got a group interview and there are spots for Friday or Saturday. I'm free for any.

Does it really matter which day and time I pick?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i'd go with the friday one, they'll be in a good mood for the coming weekend =]

or i guess any day is fine.

edit: speaking of which, i need 1 more referee for my online application, grr!

Last edited:

tau281290

HSC
Do they actually ask for your referees during the interview? or the next interview?

dingfeng

HSC
anyone going to sydney city myer interviews? Thats the one im goin to on friday.
Hi there, I am going to the syd city interview on Fri as well, which is tomorrow. My session is from 11.00am to 12.30pm.

Wish everyone all the best.

HSC
hey think you guys could do me a huge favour and tell me what happens in the interviews/what they ask you

dingfeng

HSC
haha im in the 11-12:30 session as well for myer syd city!!
Hey, just finished the interview and got back home, we might have seen each other already.

What do you think of it? hehe, it's really a much nicer experience than the one I had earlier this year with Coles. People in my table were all lovely and nice, hope everyone all the very best~~

dingfeng

HSC
hey think you guys could do me a huge favour and tell me what happens in the interviews/what they ask you
Hi there,

Just relax and be yourself, enjoy the whole experience of meeting new ppl. The recruiters and assessers were all very nice, do not need to be stressed too much.

Not many ppl were wearing suits today, mostly business pants with shirts and tie. You can also bring a thin jumper in case it's get cooler in the late afternoon:)

lil dynamyt

HSC
Hey i just got back home too.

This is what happened...

Everyone enters the room and sits at one of the tables. Each table consisted of about 6-8 people. Some myer person then talks to you about myer and all the staff introduce themselves. Then in you small groups you each introduce yourselves and talk a bit about yourself. After that theres a bit more talking from the myer spokesperson. Some forms/paperwork is then filled by all the candidates. After that, 3 activities are done within your table.

Activity 1:

An old couple enter the toys department....how would you greet them?
You find out theyre looking for presents....what questions would you ask them, how would you sell the products at myer?

Activity 2:

Some type of item is chosen by the mentor at your table. With your group you need to discuss its features and benefits and how you could sell it.

Activity 3:

5 or 6 situations are shown. With you group you need to rank them in most important to leat important.

Overall its pretty easy. Just relax and be yourself. BTW when discussing with your group, there are some people that talk quite and bit and it does get competitive with everyone trying to get a word in. So just try and say you bit, dont talk too much, and dont talk too little.

@ dingfeng...i probably did see you today out of the 60 or so people that were there today lol

@ Inbetweendreams...good luck

HSC
Interview went pretty well the people at my table were heaps nice (besides the guy that tried to monopolize the converstaion), although there seemed to be alot of people there so i think only about 4-6 people out of like 48 people will get a job which is a bit dissapointing but what can you do

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
Apprently this year, Myer received 5000 applications nationwide. And of this they will choose 1000 staff. So that's a 1/5 chance.

kokodamonkey

HSC
i currently work at the castle hill store.... i've been there for nearly a year. And to answer those questions about when your starting they understand you have exams and from my experience most of the new ppl/christmas casuals started around when i started which was after exams/end of november... your not really needed before then. and then come halfway thru january/after stocktake thats when u guys finish and i get more space again!

Frannz

HSC
Anyone gotten an interview for liverpool, parramatta or bankstown?

cd285

HSC
hey guys

i was FINALLY offered a booking for an interview for C.C at Bankstown myer, although interview is held at Roselands this thursday

i waited for at least 3 weeks for a response after being short listed- so its not over yet!!!

hopes to allay some ppls fears

cd

ay0_x

HSC
I've got an interview for Bankstown. I'm going at 2 :)

I'm racking my brain and going into SUPER KISS ASS AWESOME SALES ASSISTANT mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)