Myer Group interviews (1 Viewer)

HSC
congrats guys!! thats awesome
havent heard anything back yet so the odds dont look that good, oh well maybe next year:)

tau281290

HSC
Just got an email from Myer, saying "From your application and assessment we are able to establish that you have a combination of skills that makes you a suitable candidate for a position with Myer."

OMG, I thought I was out of the game, so happy~~
Oh i got the same email on the 21st of Sept, but my application is still under consideration...
What does that mean?!?!

I want the job...no actually i NEED the job.

ay0_x

HSC
Oh i got the same email on the 21st of Sept, but my application is still under consideration...
What does that mean?!?!

I want the job...no actually i NEED the job.
Wait a month. They told us @ the group interviews we'd know within a month if we'd been successful or not.

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
I applied last Saturday, too late to be considered? :(
dammit -_-

question: is there a definite starting date, or can you request to start from a particular date and onwards (for a good reason, e.g. exams)?

ay0_x

HSC
dammit -_-

question: is there a definite starting date, or can you request to start from a particular date and onwards (for a good reason, e.g. exams)?
They ask for your availability *now* (you fill out a table), then they ask you what month youre available 24/7 (sept oct nov dec or jan). Must be fully available from 1st dec to 15 jan.

WTFC

HSC
So are you saying that all the people who attended the group interview received that email and they are just notifying that their application is being reviewed?

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
They ask for your availability *now* (you fill out a table), then they ask you what month youre available 24/7 (sept oct nov dec or jan). Must be fully available from 1st dec to 15 jan.
ahhk. sweet, thanks

ay0_x

HSC
So are you saying that all the people who attended the group interview received that email and they are just notifying that their application is being reviewed?
Not yet (some people only had the group interview last week), but they WILL receive that email, all of them.

Myer sends out acception and rejection letters. They don't tease you with ambiguity.

ay0_x

HSC
did anyone actually get a rejection email?
Hasn't been a month since the interviews went ahead so no one would have got an acceptence/rejection yet (unless they really need people to start now)

frontin

HSC
I just don't get why they would send an email after group interviews saying "We would like to advise that you have progressed to the next stage in our recruitment process etc" when the next email could possibly say "Your application has been deemed unsuccessful". Seems a bit pointless lol.

Last edited:

ay0_x

HSC
I just don't get why they would send an email after group interviews saying "We would like to advise that you have progressed to the next stage in our recruitment process etc" when the next email could possibly say "Your application has been deemed unsuccessful". Seems a bit pointless lol.
Me neither. But I guess it's automated. or some crap.

Frannz

HSC
Well, after my group interview got filled before I could schedule I got:

Thank you for your email, unfortunately at this time there are no other group interviews scheduled for your store selection. We have declined the interview on your behalf. This allows us to invite you if any future opportunities arise for group interviews.
Regards,
Myer Human Resources

Friendliest rejection so far hahah..

cs01001

HSC
dammit -_-

Anyone got something like this...? Is this an auto response? lol

Thank you for your recent application for a position with Myer.
Your application will be further considered in relation to positions available at our stores as they become available. Currently we do not have a suitable vacancy available however, should a suitable vacancy arise, we will process your application further at that time. Your application will remain under consideration until such time that a suitable vacancy arises.

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
Anyone got something like this...? Is this an auto response? lol

Thank you for your recent application for a position with Myer.
Your application will be further considered in relation to positions available at our stores as they become available. Currently we do not have a suitable vacancy available however, should a suitable vacancy arise, we will process your application further at that time. Your application will remain under consideration until such time that a suitable vacancy arises.
lol i got that too, and i never heard from them again. i checked the status on the myers website it says "application under consideration" :S
i thought i was rejected, but im not sure what they mean?! how can there be no vacancy when theyv advertised the position?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)