Myer Group interviews (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
congrats!

still no response... from ANYWHERE i've applied...

looks like its back to the petrol station for me (im also hoping my friend gets another job so i can take his place as dishwasher at the cafe he currently works at, as long as i get a job :eek:)

cd285

HSC
has anybody accepted any bankstown/roselands positions yet?

dingfeng

HSC
Congratulations guys, Has anyone got accepted by the Sydney city store?

nicoyoyo

HSC
Congratulations guys, Has anyone got accepted by the Sydney city store?
Not yet, still waiting, I dont know if I should ring them and ask.
My friend who apply for Maquarie Myer already got his offer...

T_T

frontin

HSC
I got the job too! :jump:

To answer a few questions on here, everyone in Western Sydney should have gotten their "Welcome to Myer" email by now. This is the order and dates of the emails I received to get the job (to give everyone on here a fair indication of if you should've received a welcome email by now).

17th August: Thank you for job application email
24th August: Shortlisted email
9th September: Invite for group interview email
18th September: Group interview
23rd September: "Suitable candidate for a position with Myer" email
7th October: Brief "Welcome to Myer" email
8th October: Official "Welcome to Myer" email with induction, orientation details.

All stores and states vary though, so this is probably not 100% accurate. Just a brief outline :cool: Good luck all! Hope this helps.

PS: Not sure about Sydney City. I think Sydney CBD is the last to get the welcome email so don't worry too much.

Last edited:

Sophie86

HSC
N/A
Just got the email from myer city store, says "Welcome to Myer and congratulations on your new position as a Christmas Casual!" and also some induction details.

Btw, I did my group interview on 12th Sep and got the next step email on 21th Sep~

I think you guys will receive this email from city store soon.:drink:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i got a phone call saying the training is on this friday, i still havent got my contract in the mail though

my phone was playing up and i cant remember if they said 8am or 830am err.. and i assume it is at the store im working at right?? not the main one at roselands

also what am i suppose to wear to the training.. i forgot to ask err

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i got a phone call saying the training is on this friday, i still havent got my contract in the mail though

my phone was playing up and i cant remember if they said 8am or 830am err.. and i assume it is at the store im working at right?? not the main one at roselands

frontin

HSC

Is this the welcome induction or the store orientation?

Welcome induction is from 830 but go at 8, just in case. Umm, it's not necessarily the store you're working at (that is store orientation), it should be the store where you did your group interview at. Was that Roselands? Store orientation is your actual store, but you do that after the induction.

I haven't received my contract either. I'm guessing it'll come this week if not, I'll be worried lol

And wear professional - Myer's black and white uniform :cool:

Last edited:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Is this the welcome induction or the store orientation?

Welcome induction is from 830 but go at 8, just in case. Um, it's not necessarily the store you're working at (that is store orientation), it should be the store where you did your group interview at. Was that Roselands? Store orientation is your actual store, but you do that after the induction.

I haven't received my contract either. I'm guessing it'll come this week.

And wear professional - Myer's black and white uniform :cool:

i have the 8/830-530 on friday and they also mentioned a 2hr store orientation (safety) for the following week.. im so angry i couldn't hear properly but i was too nervous to ask her to repeat it.

i have not been asked to do an online orientation also.. this is weird.

yeah i assumed black and white.. does that include a tie aswell?

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
ok i fixed up the times and place lol.. i rang up and changed days to confirm it

only thing i am worried about is that i have not recieved my team member number or done any sort of online induction... i only got 1 welcome to myer email which was the breif one u talked about

can you shed some light on this frontin??

frontin

HSC
ok i fixed up the times and place lol.. i rang up and changed days to confirm it

only thing i am worried about is that i have not recieved my team member number or done any sort of online induction... i only got 1 welcome to myer email which was the breif one u talked about

can you shed some light on this frontin??
That is very strange. Have you checked all your emails?

You should've received online induction details with your 2nd welcome email. You need to have printed proof that you completed the online induction for the actual induction. You need the online stuff too, so you can put in your banking details (so you can get paid for the welcome induction and store orientation).

Ring up Human Resources - NSW is probably the best thing to do, and tell them your situation.

With the actual induction, imo tie is optional. They probably don't care as much, since you've already got the job. I wore one for my group interview but I'll decide on the day if I wear one for the induction (I look better without one lol).

Last edited:

ay0_x

HSC
I don't think you should wear a tie. Most of the guys I've seen working at Myer don't, and it's usually expected you dress like employees.

Still waiting on the welcome email after getting the suitable candidate one :(

The suspense is really annoying...

Patience....

Wanting this job so badly is not good for my brain.

not good at all.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
That is very strange. Have you checked all your emails?

You should've received online induction details with your 2nd welcome email. You need to have printed proof that you completed the online induction for the actual induction. You need the online stuff too, so you can put in your banking details (so you can get paid for the welcome induction and store orientation).
Ring up Human Resources - NSW is probably the best thing to do, and tell them your situation.

With the actual induction, imo tie is optional. They probably don't care as much, since you've already got the job. I wore one for my group interview but I'll decide on the day if I wear one for the induction (I look better without one lol).
i have not received the 2nd email yet.. i received the 1st on only yesterday morning, and it does say allow a week.

they just happened to ring me up today to arrange instore training.. hopefully i get the 2nd email tomorrow. have you arranged your instore training yet?

frontin

HSC
ayo_x: I think most people who got the suitable candidate email will get a job. But good luck! And I've decided I probably won't wear a tie now :D

sando: Don't worry about ringing HR then. You should receive the 2nd email tomorrow then. I got mine a day after I got the 1st. So don't stress, you'll get it tomorrow or the day after :) Yeah, I organised my training over the weekend. Congrats on the job!

Last edited:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
thanks that makes me feel better.. i'll give it to thursday. i found the actual website through some google hunting anyway lol

yeah i won't be wearing a tie this time either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)