• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

myMQ Portal (1 Viewer)

Elo

HSC
have u got your webCT password yet?

Elo

HSC
no_direction said:
neither can i, this is pissing me off so much!!!
can sum1 please post the steps we need to take to log in, and what is this
webCT password ?? infact cud somebody just tell me all the type of usernames
and passwords we need for mq uni, coz nobody told me on enrollment day, except for the sam password and username
thanx
well, the main password as i remember was sent out via mail to us. It usually arrives 1-2 weeks before uni (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway this letter has your unique username and also password for access into things like webCT, old mail account, e-reserve and career hub.

apparently it is also the initial password for getting into myMQ until u change it again.
If u read the instructions on myMQ login page your username here is your student ID and password is that from mail complete with all the capital and non capitals.
When u finally get in, u get to enjoy getting a new password only for myMQ. :cool:

If it still not working, contact the IT people.

others include special ones for various subjects, that for estudents and others i might not know of.

I hope this is correct.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
mine still doesnt work and i cbb contacting the it people...meh ill do it l8a

X

xeuyrawp

hmm, all of my uni IT stuff now works- eStudent, Portal, Library, online.mq

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
patience... just wait all you first years... hahaha....

they probably got thousands of enrolments to handle and input into the computers....

anyways, for webct, its the first initial of your first name, then first FOUR letters of your surname followed by the 3 digit random number. and you use your random TWO character + date of birth for it.....

for mymq and estudent, it would be your student number, plus that same password as for webct.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
thers jus too much to rememba this is stupid...not to mention SAM has a diff username and password

Elo

HSC
that is ok because whenever u forget your password just get them to send it to your email...

besides i rarely ever go on the sam one anyway

X

xeuyrawp

Supra said:
thers jus too much to rememba this is stupid...not to mention SAM has a diff username and password
why dont you make all the passwords alike.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
for the library.. i think its the first name initial, first 4 letters of your surname and then the 3 digit number.. eg: xboxx001

and you use your original password.... the one with the random characters and dob.... eg: mL010101

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
geez why do they need that stupid "u need a capital letter and then u need one of the following symbols !@!(@#)$*)(@#*_@#()*!@()!*"

sure it makes things more safe/anonymous but now i have to remember a different password to the one ive been using for everything my whole life =(

now i have to write it down somewhere because im bound to forget

X

xeuyrawp

:: ryan.cck :: said:
geez why do they need that stupid "u need a capital letter and then u need one of the following symbols !@!(@#)$*)(@#*_@#()*!@()!*"

sure it makes things more safe/anonymous but now i have to remember a different password to the one ive been using for everything my whole life =(

now i have to write it down somewhere because im bound to forget
just make it easy /fast to type.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
username (u)
password (p)
letter (a)
number (0)

webct / careers website:
u- aaaaa000 (first letter of first name, first 4 letters of last name, 3 numbers)
p - Aa000000 (capital and lowecase random letters, numbers of your birthday)

portal:
u- 00000000 (student number)
p- Aaaaaaa0! (original password is the one used for webct, then change it to a password containing a caps, number, lowercase and other symbol)

estudent:
u - student number
p - random thing you made up on enrolment / when prompted to change it

sam
u - random you made up
p- random you made up

certain subjects you do might also have different passwords you need to remember to get into their site or to get notes

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
are they going to condense all that into one thing (except for sam) coz its just ridiculous...obviously u cannot create one passowrd and have it for all coz thats wot i wuda done to make it simpler for myself

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah this new mymq thing is gonna bring together all of them..

if you think those 4 are bad, if you do COMP/ISYS classes, you get another login and password which you gotta remember...

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
portal:
u- 00000000 (student number)
p- Aaaaaaa0! (original password is the one used for webct, then change it to a password containing a caps, number, lowercase and other symbol)
bloody hell, they have to make the pw so complicated. i remember i made one up but i forgot it. i cant find out how to find it, it just gives the original pw...weh

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
it's called security (prevents access - including the student) ;)

Last edited:

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Well if you're smart enough to study at uni I'm sure you can remember a handful of logins and passwords...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)