N Award Warning (1 Viewer)

The Thespian

Old lurker.
HSC
Okay, I've had an N Award Warning sent home. Basically, what happened was I had severe sinus issues (I had to leave work early in tears due to the intense pain I was coping with, as well as having a half day on the Thursday to go to the doctor's) and was away on the day of the assessment - an in-class essay with a hand-in scaffold.

I was present the following day and, as I didn't have a medical certificate, I grabbed a misadventure form, got my parents to sign off on it and got them to fill out a note which I attached to it. That Thursday, I completed the assignment and put the misadventure form into the subject co-ordinator's pigeonhole. Nothing was said to me, though my teacher did warn me she had no idea what might happen with my results.

That was the second last week of term 1. It is now second week of term 2 and I got the warning letter on Friday. When I went to see the subject co-ordinator about it, she told me I had to appeal to the committee and use the doctor's files (I'd been to the doctor's after leaving halfway through school on the Thursday and she prescribed me with three lots of medicine and a possible diagnosis of either sinuses or meningitis) to fight my case.

Needless to say, both my parents and I are miffed with the lack of communication between the school and I, but is there anyway I can get my marks back if I get a copy of the doc's files and fight my case? Or would I be better off just leaving it alone? I worked really hard on the assignment (especially considering it was my Studies of Religion II class) and was really looking forward to some good news, not bad.

Please and thank you :)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Definately fight it, do you have dates on your prescribed medicine? If so, use that as basis for evidence for your attendance with the doctor. If needs be, ask the school to contact your doctor, and get your parents involved, (teachers tend to listen when they have parent correspondence). Secondly, they can't give you a N-award, when clearly you had attempted, and completed the assignment, but couldn't hand it in due to health related issues. I don't think they realise, that doctor certificates cost money.

All i can say is, there in the wrong, and unless you get this issue sorted; take it further possibly to the headmaster (principle), if they are not willing to assist.

Hope it gets sorted mate. GL

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
What the dick, doctors certificates do not cost money. Why didn't you get one when you went to the doctors to get your meds?

SpreadTheWord

HSC
What the dick, doctors certificates do not cost money. Why didn't you get one when you went to the doctors to get your meds?
Ok, i'll re-phrase, it costs money to see a doctor to recieve a certificate that is used to show the school as to why you were absent. Comprendez?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
find a bulk billing doctor

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
So what you meant was 'i don't think they realise that seeing a doctor costs money.' What has that got to do with anything? OP had to see a doctor anyway to get treatment, I still don't understand why they didn't just pick up a doctors certificate then. If they wanted to get one now they could just go to a place that bulk bills.

The Thespian

Old lurker.
HSC
Thanks for the replies, guys. It got sorted pretty quick and I ended up getting the marks. Seeing the principal was unavoidable, she's my teacher. x)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)