N determined from preliminary course. (1 Viewer)

s12345s

HSC
I have received a sms from my school saying that i will be N Determined from Preliminary course on 18.10.19
I am in year 9 and doing fine at school as i have only failed 1 test this year what does this mean?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
N determined means that you won't be allowed to continue for a particular course. Are you sure it's an N determination or an N determination 'warning', because both are really different. A warning means you can still catch up on the course and be allowed to continue, whereas an actual N determination means you have to repeat the year I think

s12345s

HSC
N determined means that you won't be allowed to continue for a particular course. Are you sure it's an N determination or an N determination 'warning', because both are really different. A warning means you can still catch up on the course and be allowed to continue, whereas an actual N determination means you have to repeat the year I think
I am not sure as i have not received a warning previously.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I am not sure as i have not received a warning previously.
Then it's most likely a warning. You need to ask your principal ASAP, a warning is okay because you can redeem it but an actual N determination you can't redeem. You get 3 warnings before you get the actual determination and because you mentioned you have not received a warning previously, I think it's just a warning. Still confirm with your principal

blyatman

HSC
N/A
What happens if you actually get an N award? Do you need to repeat the year or something?

s12345s

HSC
Then it's most likely a warning. You need to ask your principal ASAP, a warning is okay because you can redeem it but an actual N determination you can't redeem. You get 3 warnings before you get the actual determination and because you mentioned you have not received a warning previously, I think it's just a warning. Still confirm with your principal
How do they give warnings and what do you even have to do to even get a n award?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
What happens if you actually get an N award? Do you need to repeat the year or something?
Yeaaah I think so, I had someone in my grade who was forced to repeat because he got an N award.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
How do they give warnings and what do you even have to do to even get a n award?
It's what you didn't do that gets you an N award. For example if you consistently don't do the work in a course or if you consistently fail a course etc. It varies from school to school though as some schools are more lenient. You may have gotten a warning for failing that 1 test or something?

Anyway next school day 100% go see your principal.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Dayum that sucks ass. I remember getting an N warning in y11 3u English because I kept skipping the after-school lessons. Wasn't allowed to drop it until y12, so during the final prelim exam I just wrote my name down along with a few paragraphs and walked out. Only came 2nd last though, so it could've been worse.

s12345s

HSC
It's what you didn't do that gets you an N award. For example if you consistently don't do the work in a course or if you consistently fail a course etc. It varies from school to school though as some schools are more lenient. You may have gotten a warning for failing that 1 test or something?

Anyway next school day 100% go see your principal.
I have no idea this year has been going good as i have done all my assignments and handed in all assessments on time while passing and getting good marks on all of them but one i have not gotten any warnings before this sms.

s12345s

HSC
Apparently they sent the sms to the wrong person the actual receiver was supposed to be in year 10.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Apparently they sent the sms to the wrong person the actual receiver was supposed to be in year 10.
That makes so much sense. That's great news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)