n/no desu (1 Viewer)

Cityboy

HSC
How many of you when you are writing sakubun use n/no desu when you are conveying information

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Cityboy said:
How many of you when you are writing sakubun use n/no desu when you are conveying information
You don't use んです (ndesu) when writing compositions. You always use のです (nodesu). There's a difference between spoken Japanese and written Japanese.

flip_flop

can't think straight.
HSC
i dont often use it, but im trying to force myself. a wide use of grammar structures gets u closer to that manten! why, do u??

Cityboy

HSC
never, I don't like using no at the end of a sentence it just seems weird

flip_flop

can't think straight.
HSC
i kno ay... i think it is beause when u translate it directly to english it can sound awkward? almost disrupts the flow? if you kno what i mean.. but i mean no desu at the end of the sentence is exactly the same as node in the middle of a sentence, and u use THAT frequently, right?

yupgisonyun

HSC
well... first things first..... just because you have a no/n at the end it doesn't mean that you are giving a reason..... all it really does is soften the sentence... just because you have the no/n, it doesn't mean that you're giving an explanation or you're not required to give an explanation....... and really when i use the structure myself.... it is usually when i write letters to friend usually involving some sort of persuasion..... usually you are required to do these in the extended response and the second writing task....... i use it because it will soften the sentence therefore sound more convincing and persuasive...... and it's best to use plain form in these occasions..... if i was to give an eg....... say you have to convince your friend to go to a japanese cutural centre with you..... i would include stuff like 'maenimo, konoyouna kyanpu ni itta koto ga aruyo~ hontouni yokattaNdayo... dakara kondo ni, kimi mo ittara iiNdakedo" --(i went to these kinda camp before and it was really gud~ so... i think it'd be gud if you went as well" --- i used it twice just then... mainly to soften the parts where i am expressing my thoughts and wants... it kinda emphasises that part and in this case it emphasises that "it was good " and "it will be good" and this kinda sounds more convincing~~~ anyway~ my thoughts~~ thank u for reading~

Doobie

HSC
Cityboy said:
I usually use kara instead
Kara's good. I use Kara, and it works really well. You need the knowledge to write round it though, so make sure you don't just prepare one word :p

ichig0

HSC
i use them both equally..
if u use no desu correctly.. then it makes u look like u know japanese well.. haha.. hmm.. just sounds more fluent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)