n73 v w850i (1 Viewer)

zeek

HSC
NEW PHONE: n73 v w850i

Which one is better?
Currently, i'm leaning towards the w850i because of the music player feature. On the other hand, the n73 is slightly thinner (bonus points) and apparently has a much more better UI (and possibly slower?)

I'm trying to get these phones off of ebay but i can't decide which one to get! Memory isn't an issue because i could probably pick up a 1GB stick for 20-30 bux on ebay.

So which one is better n why?

PS: Camera doesn't concern me that much, as long as it can take photos, send sms, play music/games/(mp4?) etc.

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Re: NEW PHONE: n73 v w850i

1. Are you really going to use it as a full on dedicated music player? Playing music files chews through battery life.

2. Remember the w850i is a Sony. Sony = Sony branded memory.

zeek

HSC

hmmm good question.
I'd probably be using the music player on bus rides to and fro uni/city (thats probably like an hour each day). I might take like 30 photos a day though...

EDIT: What about the user interface? all the reviews that i've read say that the n73 takes forever to start up and that the menu/apps are slow to respond

Last edited:

mr_brightside

HSC

30 pictures a day? And your saying the camera doesnt matter?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC

n73 is absolute fucking rubbish in terms of menu speed, i get a new sms and it literally takes like 10/15 seconds for it to open. and just browsing in general is usually really slow. but this is probably just cos i have so much shit on my phone. oh and its kinda big.
but other than that its an awesome phone.

zeek

HSC

they wouldn't be photos that i'd keep and print, just stuff that i'd mms (quality doesn't have to be super good).

Breaking, do you think if you got more memory then the phone would speed up? What was it like when you first got it?

mr_brightside

HSC

zeek said:
they wouldn't be photos that i'd keep and print, just stuff that i'd mms (quality doesn't have to be super good).

Breaking, do you think if you got more memory then the phone would speed up? What was it like when you first got it?
1. Fair enough. Either phone will do.

2. More memory? You can't upgrade a phone's RAM. Only data storage memory which has nothing to do with the speed a phone runs at.
I'm guessing it's about the same as when he got it.

ps: matt, make sure you don't have applications running in the background all the time, they chew yr battery life and makes everything alot slower!

zeek

HSC

but the n73 looks so pretty... do you guys remember the b&w 6210? is the menu speed like that?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC

saying it takes 10-15 secs to open the SMS app is exagerating.. it is slower than the sony but only about 4 seconds vs 0.5 seconds.

Depends how impatient you are.

CieL

HSC

Also sony ericssons tend to be buggy..

I cant even count on two hands how many times my w800i has played up on me.. Majority of the times it screws me over by not being able to make a call, even if you master reset the phone.. I ended up having to wait 10hrs before I could make a call.. Strange thing is that it'll let you take incoming calls and send sms..

Sometimes (but rarely) it'll freeze on me..

But I do like SE > Nokia still.. Nokia has become quite bland for my tastes..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)