NAB's deferred repayment student loan (1 Viewer)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
does anybody here know anything about this package offered by the NAB? specifically i'm wondering how transparent the bank is with their customers and whether anyone has been burnt with this particular product.

i did a pre-application a while back and asked them to send me some more information including the full terms and conditions but they failed to do so and only sent me the application form + a FAQ booklet. Also the rep i spoke to on the phone seemed a bit odd, like she was deliberately witholding facts or even bending the truth with the questions i asked her.

also how much can i expect to borrow without a guarantor? i have an income from a casual job of about $150 - $250 per week, no assets and no credit history

Rory

HSC
I have looked at the package last year and the woman I spoke to at the bank was extremely helpful in explaining the application process and what I could do with the money etcetera so I think information wise you just need to find the right person to speak to, in person is best.

As for how much you can expect to borrow without a guarantor, I don't think you can expect to borrow much if anything really, I don't have any assets and at the time no credit history and even as I was earning $400-500 per week, as I was a casual and under no contract to keep my weekly hours/earnings they generally don't give you the loan without a guarantor. Just because to them you're an investment and when you're a casual you're not guaranteed any set hours by contract so you can't guarantee them that you'll be earning that set amount -every- week as you could if you were PT/FT.

But like I said, you should go talk to them in person again, but try a different branch than the previous one if they were really that useless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)