Names on Multi Choice (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Did anyone notice that you name was on the multiple choice paper? why was that and arent we not supposed to be identified? and what happens with those blue slips that we sign.. theyre recipts right? why dont we get to keep them?

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
i think the blueslipis are there to tell them that we are there - attendance or sumthing. i noticed that for multiple choice too - i dun get that either....

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Since there is only right and wrong answers in multiple choice, multiple choice are computer marked, and as such are easier to administer in the exam room and at marking with names on them.

sub

hey phanatical, how do computers check the stuff u correct later, like u kno how u can cross em out and then rite correct (with an arrow) if u think its right later? are u sure its done by comps?

Groagy

HSC
flipsyde said:
and what happens with those blue slips that we sign.. theyre recipts right? why dont we get to keep them?
Our supervisors said that they need those slips so that if the string tying multiple bookets breaks then markers can check it on the blue slip to find out if there should be more than one booklet.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
As was said, the computer marks the multi choice sections. Maybe for the ones with corrections they are looked at by *Gasp* a real person? I don't know?

Yes the blue slips are so that they have something to track if booklets are lost etc. In the same way that you need to write NOT ATTEMPTED on a bookelt if you dont do a question, so that they don't think they have lost the booklet and they know you non attempted

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
sub said:
hey phanatical, how do computers check the stuff u correct later, like u kno how u can cross em out and then rite correct (with an arrow) if u think its right later? are u sure its done by comps?
thats what I was thinking

-Recoil-

Hmm yeah I was wondering about that too, during the business studies exam the supervisors hadn't noticed this and had them all screwed up, luckily we realised there were names on them so we rectified the problem.. Would've sucked if we didn't though considering the dumbest person in the class had my sheet.

sez809

About the losing booklets question/blue slips, what our supervisor tells us to do is in the question "how many bookelts used for this question" we would write "1/2" on one of the booklets and "2/2" on the other booklet (if we used 2 booklets for that question), but yes we still write on our blue slips....also why do they need our D.O.B?

Gemstone

Sez our supervisors told us to do the same thing 1/2 and 2/2 in the other one. As has been said the blue slips are attendance record and so they can check they have all your answers if something gets lost - similar reason to why you've gotta write your student number on every page you write on. The blue slip is also giving them permission to print your answers in study guides and stuff if you actually read what it says. I think they need D.O.B as confrimation that it's actually you because if you sent in someone else who looked the same as you they can get your student no. and name off the sheet on top of your desk but they wouldn't know your date of birth. They ask for it on the advice line too.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
sub said:
it's done by computers to save time..but if you've used more than one circle for a question, it won't count that paper and someone has to do it by hand..

i was told that AGES ago..dunno how reliable it is though..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
With the m/c, aren't they done on the GPAS? In which case, you're supposed to use pencil and rub it out if you make a mistake, instead of putting arrows and stuff?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)