Narrative Poetry (1 Viewer)

123 B A N G

HSC
Well I really want to do narrative poetry for my EE2, but I really have no experience and all the narrative poetry I have read so far is not what I'm looking for. I'm really inspired by Angela Carter, especially her short story Elm King, if there is anything that anyone knows about that could help me it would be really appreciated.

JuiceofOhio

HSC
Heyy, I'm in a pretty similar boat to you, not knowing a lot about poetry and that, and I find it quite hard to locate the actual poetry I'm going for. I'm also going to be using narrative poetry, well a little bit anyways :)

Most poetry, or lots of poetry, seems to incorporate some narrative elements, and so I don't know if I can give you what you want, but here are some examples of poems that 'tell stories', even if they may be lacking characterisation or something...

Emily Dickinson, Because I Could Not Stop for Death and I Died For Beauty but Was Scarce...she has quite a few that i can't remember off my head which also include narrative shtuff

Birches by Robert Frost

Also, maybe you could start with children's poems? Just an idea, as by nature those poems have to be somewhat straightforward and storylike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)