National Studies (1 Viewer)

girlee281

I know nothing about him. We haven't started yet.

Seeing the movie The Pianist has made me want to study Germany more now. So sad. :(

miss_woody

i'm doing russia and kollantai. is anybody else here? and we're also doing th cold war too.

pranks85

Originally posted by miss_woody
i'm doing russia and kollantai. is anybody else here? and we're also doing th cold war too.
Russia & Trotsky. You're covering the Cold War? I'm really jealous!!! We're only going up to 1945, and we're doing a different topic for hist. ext.

bluebubble

we're doing the US, Indochina and the Vietnam war, and J. Edgar Hoover. May teacher knows a bloody lot about US, but we tend to forgot alot cause there's much to know. so many dates and we have to know all the presidents between 1898 to 1941. that's okay, the worst things are the dates cause i tend to forget them, what day this president was elected, what date did he introduce this or that, and what date did this historian write this...what historian it was...
Aggghhh! but it is so interesting when you connect everything together. I've got my trials next week and i have to remind myself of the whole Indochina conflict topic. :mad1:

keepsmiling

im doing russia and indochina but we're only just starting inchina this wednesday. i think the col war would ahve been interesting to do.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by bookboy18
We're doing China cause my teacher reckons that every other class does Germany or a European country and that they were done poorly the last few years.
Actually, indochina is the most popular, followed by Germany and then Russia

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
We did Russia, Trotsky and we just started Indo-China today (which is kinda worrying since everyone else here seems to be pretty into their national studies already)

Yeah, I woulda thought Indo-China would be pretty popular, thats what I woulda picked if we had a choice (our teacher picked for us).
But yeah, we don't have a textbook or anything which is going to make it kinda hard i reckon (but my bag lighter... ;) )

MaZ

wasnt indo-china a topic for the preliminary course?
We have just finished Russia& Trotsky soo boring but our next topic is cold war so i suppose it will fit nicely... i wanted to do Germany, apparently its a good one???

Has anyone finished the cold war? if so is it gonna be a bore like russia was?

craz

HSC
Yea it was. I've like done Indo China since Year 7 so Vietnam is nothing new. Seems everyone is doing IndoChina as a national study - popular choice. hmm...makes it harder but at least we dont have to do russia or germany. We did Russia last year in Yr 11 and we do China as our other country.

Alexander

Gold Member
Germany, Speer, UN.
Germany's alright esp. cause we did WW1. Weimar stuff is a bit dry at times, but the Hitler rise of....thing was cool (mental pictures etc.) I think Speer looks much more interesting than Reifanshtal.---not looking forward to UN. wouldve rathered cold war, but it was UN or south africa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)