Native Title Act, The effectiveness of the Amendment of the Native Title Act (1 Viewer)

Vnoss

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I just wanted a bit of help with my next essay assessment task for Legal Studies. Just need to know how to start and stuff. Never done a legal essay before so....need a lot of help please.

The topic is on:
Students are to research Aboriginal law in relation to developments in Native Title. You will need to focus your research on having a superior understanding on the following issues:
-History of Government Policy towards Aborigines since 1788
-Importance of the land to Aborigines and the Nature of native Title
-Significant Legal Developments in the Recognition of Native Title
-The Effectiveness of legal and non-legal mechanisms in dealing with Native Title

MAIN TOPIC EXAMINED IS: "the effectiveness of the legal system in dealing with Native Title"

THANKS GUYS.

hell98

HSC
Um so basically you start with your introduction which states whether or not you think the amendment act was effective and bring up the arguments which you will be talking about during your essay. You then go through each of your points. Linking each one with the topic 'the effectiveness of the legal system in dealing with Native Title' and at the end say something like 'In summation the legal system was not effective in dealing with the issues of the Native title and this is clearly evident in .... (list your points) the way which the legal system dealt with the issue of Native Title since 1788 just emphasises this'.. ETC etc

StudyToDeath

HSC
I wrote an essay on this last year for preliminary.
It's definitely achievable to get a high mark. Lots of legal studies text books cover this topic.

Since your main essay question is on EFFECTIVENESS you can challenge this notion. ASTI are disadvantaged in society and even with the amendments they still experience hardship since European settlement. Talk about terra nullis, Eddie Mabbo Case. Native tile 100% interlinks in with discrimination. Law Reform is key. Use statistics to back up your response, case law, government and non government organisations.

Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)