• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Nature of Work (1 Viewer)

jkylk

HSC
Relating to IPT, what is the Nature of Work??I have to write a report on this issue and say how it impacts on society and what benefits it has on society. Any ideas?

meomeo

HSC
Who knows D : I do ipt, in fact I'm in it now < <;;;
we're only up to environment and communication... I think I'm looking up the habitat of an apple?

: D apples smell nice.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
yeah, im assuming that they want you to talk about the effect that modern information systems have had on the nature of work.

here's some stuff just off the top of my head:

- loss of jobs: eg many tasks are now automated like transaction processing (ATMs) and stuff like that
- creation of jobs: technical jobs such as maintenance, support staff, designers...
- less physical space is required: rather than having a room full of paper files, all the information can be stored on a couple of hard drives
- work can now be done faster because of the power of computers
- talk about video conferencing and how this makes work better
- information overload: getting to work and having to sift through a hundred emails, most of which are irrelevant - this is both stressful and unproductive
- telecommuting: talk about this, how it enables work from home which is more convenient for the worker. however it does bring the stresses of work into the home.

so yeah basically the way the IPT syllabus works is at the end of every topic there are social and ethical issues which include this sort of stuff

hope this is a start! good luck with IPT - it's basically just a matter of reading your textbook and making sure you know everything in the syllabus

jkylk

HSC
=D =D

Yeah i think thats what s required for our report.

Thank you so much!! =D =D

I just hope i don't fail the IPT preliminary exams... Eevrything i learn seems to go in one ear and flow back out the other. hahahaa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)