naughty internet stuff (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The bioshock pc demo came out today and I totally want to play it, but it's like >1gig in size. Would I get busted from downloading it here at uni and copying it to my usb drive to take it home?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
yeah it went heaps slow so I'll try later in a different room

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i don't think it matters which room :S
even still, at least you could try get a big chunk of it done so there's less to d/l at home? that's what i do :) lol

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
nah its cause all the cunts in this room are looking at myspace and playing flash games

EF14 has always been strangely slow imo.

The other day I saw this guy with a wireless connection getting a few Mbits, I was hoping I'd get that.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
nah, there's something about the uni net in general i think..it's good for loading pages..but d/ling full on files seems to be stupidly slow..hmm

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
i tried it again for a few secs then and it got up to 50kbs, so about the same speed as if i was at home :/

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
jumb said:
nah its cause all the cunts in this room are looking at myspace and playing flash games

EF14 has always been strangely slow imo.

The other day I saw this guy with a wireless connection getting a few Mbits, I was hoping I'd get that.
If they're playing flash games the connection has to be atleast 100kbs...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
ive got it and the expansion if you want a copy

I was a big fan of the first so I jumped on it as soon as it came out. It's good for a bit of fun.

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
You won't get busted unless you download music or are stupid and download using limewire or something.

At uni I always stream tv shows and crap like that and the uni hasn't mentioned anything.

And the speeds are dependant on the sites you download from. Sites like Apple give really great speeds whereas others struggle to hit 100 kb/s

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i've never bothered to d/l music at uni because..well..who cares about d/ling music at home, they're only small files..but i'm pretty sure the uni wouldn't give a shit if you were d/ling music/using limewire :S surely they'd care more if you were d/ling movies and stuff

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
limewire might use a port that they have flagged

UnIqUe PrInCe

Banned
HSC
N/A
does anybody else reckon i'd get flagged for streaming radio at uni?

i wanna listen to south african radio :D

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i've done it before
oi matt, where's the biomed quarto section in the auchmuty library? i don't have to be a biomed student to get the book right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)