Navigating (1 Viewer)

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
Hey no one talks about Navigating what's going on
I love this play, the inner theme of it is particuarly close to me, because I get harrassed by people for my political beliefs, when I'm promoting peace and the truth
Ok, enough about my situation
anyone got any key things that should be addressed in an essay

I'll start: The key analogy at the end of navigating is particuarly important as it represents Bea's plight and highlights people's ignorance to accept corruption if it benifits them
key quote: "Want to go a bit further" metaphor for her continuing on her fight against the corrupt town.

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
This is a great essay question in last years HSC, hope we get a similar one tomorrow

"What aspects of your prescribed text had the greatest impact on you?
In your response you should reflect on both the ideas and dramatic techniques used in the prescribed text you have studied."

[Paul]

To tell you the turth i read this book we had to, i hated it...i hated what Bea was doing, the getting the prison was a good thing for the town and she was trying to sabotage it? why? so she can feel good about herself? what about when the town is farked because there is no prison so there is no contracts and ppl are going broke and have to leave? didnt like the book at all

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
I think you totally missed the point of the book, Bea was angry at the bribing, somethings mean more than money, she was fighting it because it was morally wrong. The way the other's went about backstabbing and harrasing Bea was disgusting

[Paul]

true, what did she accomplish in the end? im trying to remember what the conclusion was RE the bribing and the corruption?

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
I totally screwed this up in the trials, the ending. I thought the corruption won in the end. Big mistake, I lost heaps of marks because of this, and dropped me out of the top band.
Darcy says "Shall we go a bit further" and this is a metaphor for the continuation of the fight. The fact that darcy said 'we' means that Darcy is now supporting her.
this is kool, we are studying, lol

[Paul]

haha study is good :p so there still fighting the corruption after the story finsihes? i thought she sails off with ehr sister?

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
No his sister (Isola) betrays her coz she's having an affair with Ian donnelly. She goes out into the water with Darcy. Since the sinking of the Harmony, Bea has been afraid of going on boats, so this is a metaphor for her overcoming her fears, ie. it gives her strength to keep fighting the corruption. And Darcy's support also gives her strength

[Paul]

ohh right i get that hrmm...what's darcy's actual role? she just seems to pop up here and there...only jsut realised darcy is a she :p i thought it was a guy that was sort of labouring for them (cleaning out the shed at the start :S)

[Paul]

oh right...darcy visits dunbar to get away from it to have a rest, she's stressed because of the inquest she needs to appear at....so she relates with Bea? both woman..under pressure...whats in it for darcy tho? why is she so supportive of Bea? sympathy? sorry to bug u :S

FusionistAS-200

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead because we have the test tomorrow. I need some good techniques/quotes that relate to corruption and whistleblowing. Anybody have any??

loverboy

HSC
can someone post an essay they used for navigating up plz

i totally hate the book and hve no clue wht its on about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)