Nazi: Concentration and Extermination Camps (1 Viewer)

munkaii

HSC
Can somebody define the differences between these two in the genocide of Jews during WWII?

Also what tasks were the Jews lead to do and how were they persecuted?

I need these as information for my essay on Nazism. Thanks in Advance

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
I think those Jews who were capable and fit to perform manual labour went to concentration camps, whereas those who'd expended their use were sent off to extermination camps, told that they'd be "leaving through the chimneys" as one survivor recalls. Inmates of concentration camps were put to work on various projects, mostly war-related. More broadly though, the term "concentration camp" refers to both the camps where Jews were killed as well as the ones on which they worked; the Nazis used it as a kind of euphemism. So in that sense they're one and the same and you could use the terms interchangeably.

Jews were basically humiliated on these camps, often used for target practice. Women were often disgraced.

I'd advise you to not only mention the Jews in your essay, but also those other groups that were rounded up, such as political prisoners (communists), gypsies, homosexuals and educated Poles.

munkaii

HSC
my question is directly related to JEWS

the q was:

explain why and how the nazi regime persecuted jews of europe bewteen 1939 and 45

kirabolton

HSC
munkaii said:
my question is directly related to JEWS

the q was:

explain why and how the nazi regime persecuted jews of europe bewteen 1939 and 45

Also, don't forget the WHY, it is important as well. Not just why they hated Jews, but why they chose the punishments they did, such as the final solution. It's not as if (well i don't THINK so) they decided to exterminate Jews before the war but it's more that the dying ones and unfit ones were just a hinderance and they couldn't afford (couldn't really be bothered) to feed them etc. so yeah... also, just remember they didn't immedietly kill the Jews, the final solution, was in 1942 i think? or 41...?

munkaii

HSC
some whys would strengthen my argument..

so far ive just stated basics..e.g Extermination to eliminate Jews. Concentrations to contain them. ghettos for that same reason...

why in general..,antisemitism, fear of mixing with aryans..

anyone able to add imput?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)