NBA passion (1 Viewer)

aidan910

HSC
i beg to differ... with young guns like dwayne wade and lebron.. as well as the extremely talented experienced campaigners like shaq and duncan.. as well as the largest number of international players the nba's ever had.. i think the nba is going alright for itself...

and your statement about the lack of jump shooters is correct... they had the 3rd - 4th rate team in... cmon.. emeka okafor in the squad ?.... got to be kidding...

and the rules benefited the european teams... make of that what you will.. whether it effected the tournament or not???? but it disadvantage the americans to an extent...

you will see in 2008 a much more talented squad.. i doubt the americans will like getting embarrassed like that again

P.S.. Dirk Nowtizki is the man !

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I've been a Utah Jazz fan since 1996.

We played our opening game of the season on Thursday and we smashed the Lakers by 26 points. Today, we beat the Warriors by 22 points. 2-0 so far, another 80 games left.

S

Shuter

The reffing was just crap at the olympics.

Now that that's out of the way, go the Twolves, KG is the man.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
aidan910 said:
i beg to differ... with young guns like dwayne wade and lebron.. as well as the extremely talented experienced campaigners like shaq and duncan.. as well as the largest number of international players the nba's ever had.. i think the nba is going alright for itself...

At the moment, the league on the whole is fairly average. To many young players being treated like older players, not to mention being placed in positions of responsibility on teams. Sure LeBron and Wade are great players, but they are the minority when it comes to rookie selection. Carmelo, I dont think, will have an overall impressive season in regards to last year, Dwight Howard is still 5yrs old
and wont come into his own for at least 3yrs. Okafor will develop alot faster having played College. Guys like Sebastian Telfair are a prime example of whats happening to the league. How can a guy like him, unproven in a tough competition (like College, NBDL), be picked over the NCAA player of the year, Jameer Nelson? I think the answer lies in the massive shoe contract he received before the NBA season had already started. In the era of a young Jordan, the NBA had true superstars, Isiah Thomas, Bird, Magic, Miller, Larry Johnson, Mullins, Barkley, Ewing, etc. They were all proven players (with the exception of Larry, he was just a freak :p ) that had played many years in the league (Jordan was exceptional in his early years, but didnt know what it took to win a championship until his 7th season, this could be true for LeBron also). The league was great because its star players werent fresh out of high-school or college. At the moment in the NBA, the only true superstars would be Kobe, Shaq, KG, TD and Nowitzki. T-Mac is still playing for himself (hopefully Yao can change that), Big Ben is a modern day Dennis Rodman, Reggie Miller is 60yrs old, Ray Allen is inconsistent as hell, same with Houston and Sprewell, Stoja is bordering on superstardom, he just has to learn how to step up in the post-season, Webber has had his great years, now he's to injury prone, Allen Iverson is too inconsistent with his shooting and VC is extremely over-rated...I cant really think of anyone else, of course you have your upcomers like Kirilenko, Artest, Boozer and of course LJ, Wade and Carmelo, but they wont hit there prime for another, like I said, 3/5 years.

Wow, long post lol

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
At the moment, the league on the whole is fairly average. To many young players being treated like older players, not to mention being placed in positions of responsibility on teams. Sure LeBron and Wade are great players, but they are the minority when it comes to rookie selection. Carmelo, I dont think, will have an overall impressive season in regards to last year, Dwight Howard is still 5yrs old
and wont come into his own for at least 3yrs. Okafor will develop alot faster having played College. Guys like Sebastian Telfair are a prime example of whats happening to the league. How can a guy like him, unproven in a tough competition (like College, NBDL), be picked over the NCAA player of the year, Jameer Nelson? I think the answer lies in the massive shoe contract he received before the NBA season had already started. In the era of a young Jordan, the NBA had true superstars, Isiah Thomas, Bird, Magic, Miller, Larry Johnson, Mullins, Barkley, Ewing, etc. They were all proven players (with the exception of Larry, he was just a freak :p ) that had played many years in the league (Jordan was exceptional in his early years, but didnt know what it took to win a championship until his 7th season, this could be true for LeBron also). The league was great because its star players werent fresh out of high-school or college. At the moment in the NBA, the only true superstars would be Kobe, Shaq, KG, TD and Nowitzki. T-Mac is still playing for himself (hopefully Yao can change that), Big Ben is a modern day Dennis Rodman, Reggie Miller is 60yrs old, Ray Allen is inconsistent as hell, same with Houston and Sprewell, Stoja is bordering on superstardom, he just has to learn how to step up in the post-season, Webber has had his great years, now he's to injury prone, Allen Iverson is too inconsistent with his shooting and VC is extremely over-rated...I cant really think of anyone else, of course you have your upcomers like Kirilenko, Artest, Boozer and of course LJ, Wade and Carmelo, but they wont hit there prime for another, like I said, 3/5 years.

Wow, long post lol
Amen.

Although I agree with aidan910 who made the point that the influx of international talent has broadened the horizons of the NBA. More people around the world (in particular Latin America, China, Europe) are into the game as a result so I think the NBA is currently doing better than average.

televators

HSC
i agree to the notion that NBA is the constituient mass of the epismetology relating to the concise, yet abhorrently indirect vermissilitude of man.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Who here is a Jazz fan?

I've been going for them since the 1996 playoffs.

So far, we're 4-0. A very good start.

At the moment, I'm listening LIVE on the net Jazz vs Raptors.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Kudos to 'Melo for rebounding back after a poor game yesterday, they beat the Pistons with an amazing bench display from Boykins and Rodney White.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)