Nba Thread (1 Viewer)

B

badhairday

i think there was a similar thread to this a few months ago.
But anyways, spurs will take out the title :)

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
spurs 4-2 over the pistons in the finals
ginobili finals MVP

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
Tao~te said:
who do u think'll win it this yr? wat u think of the Roxkets
As of the time of writing, the Spurs are the team to beat. Other Western teams like Phoenix and Seattle are good but would get out-played over a seven game series against San Antonio. Tim Duncan is just waay to fuckn consistent and guys like Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker support him well. The Rockets have potential to be a top-tier team in the West but we're yet to see the supposed dynamic duo of Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming at its best.

My tip for the Finals:

San Antonio (4) vs. Miami (2)

xsb

My tip: Spurs to win another NBA championship over Miami in 6 games with TD winning Finals MVP.

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
who I want to win: Pheonix Suns/Heats
who I think will win: Spurs for the reason that everyone said, or maybe the Kings as a wild card... Their starting five are on par with the Suns and their bench actually have depth.

Rockets are playing well, but I dont think yao and Macgrady are leadership material

Wade would have to play really well for Miami to win, not enough support cast :(

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Zo is tipped to join Miami, he would be exceeltn backup for shaq.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Cleveland will be a force in the playoffs, with LeBron, Gooden and Ilgauskas playing well, but their inexperience will be their downfall, maybe next year.

Miami are easily the best in the East, with Wade being one of the NBA's top 5 point guards (Kidd, Bibby, Parker, Nash) and Shaq, being really the only decent East big guy who can score and defend.

The West is not so easy to pick. San Antonio are obviously the favourites due to the consistency and efficiency of Tim Duncan on both ends of the floor. Tony Parker, as mentioned above, is one of the top point guards, running the pick and roll with Duncan to perfection, being able ot beat any man off the ball and being an outside threat. Ginobili is having a career year and is a great one on one defender and along with Bruce Bowen can neutralise any backcourt offense. Robert Horry, Brent Barry and Malik Rose are strong off the bench while Nesterovic compliments Duncan's game nicely with a strong prescence on the boards and in shot blocking.

Phoenix of course are playing incredibly well with Nash, in my opinion, being the frontrunner for MVP. Amare Stoudemire is playing amazingly, averaging 26.1 ppg and 8.60 rpg, and its only his 3rd season. Shawn Marion, Quentin Richardson and Joe Johnson are playing awesome, all with career numbers. The only thing lacking is their bench. Jim Jackson is, while a decent scorer, very inconsistent and in his 13th season. Bo Outlaw is the same (12th season). They dont really have an proven talent off the bench, with Leandro Barbosa and Steven Hunter being young and not yet having proven themselves.

Minnesota, well, their on a slide, sitting outside of playoff contention, expect a shift after the all-star break, pushing them into the top 8, maybe even as high as 6th and with Cassell, Sprewell and of course Garnett, anything is possible come playoff time.

Sacramento have had trouble in the playoffs, namely with the L.A. Lakers, but with them potentially out of the playoff picture, thats one less obstacle for them to overcome. Webber is usually consistent, Bibby of course brilliant running the floor and with Stoja shooting the ball, they have their offense covered (dont forget the addition of Cuttino Mobley in the Mobley-Christie trade, giving them some more offense).

Seattle, in my mind, are on a streak and wont carry the momentum over the allstar break. They remind me of Boston in the Pierce-Walker days, live or die by the three, so far they've been winning, but very soon their going to drop off and they'll probably lose home-court advantage, dropping to 5th or 6th, or maybe even to 8th by the end of the season.

In Houston, McGrady has yet to learn how to utilise the enormous talent of Yao, and until he does, they aren't going anywhere.

Dallas are in with a chance this year, namely with the addition of Jerry Stackhouse who provides much needed energy off the bench. Nowitzki is playing brilliantly, being a guaranteed 25+ ppg, along with his play on defense. He's the kind of player who drives opponent coaches crazy in the their is no way to mark him, he's to fast for a big guy and to big for a small guy. Finley has always been consistent. Jason Terry is a perfect addition to the team, knowing how to run the offense, is an offensive threat and compliments the Mavericks run and gun style of play. Devin Harris, Marquis Daniels and Josh Howard are very talented young players who can only get better. Erick Dampier gives them some much needed toughness on both ends of the floor and the recruitment of Pavel Podkolzin (a 7'5 Russian) gives them a good future at the centre position.

So in the end, the Spurs and Heat are most likely going to be facing each other in the finals. Watch for Shaq to dominate Nesterovic and for a great battle between Parker and Wade. In the end I think the Spurs are just to experienced and consistent and will take it out 4-3.
But, as always, you can never say for sure.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I agree, the Spurs will take it out. Their bench is too experienced and skilled compared to any other team, not to mention the cohesion of their starters. They have playoff calibre players on their bench too.,

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
copious said:
I agree, the Spurs will take it out. Their bench is too experienced and skilled compared to any other team, not to mention the cohesion of their starters. They have playoff calibre players on their bench too.,
i second that
and ginobili for finals MVP

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
Phoenix of course are playing incredibly well with Nash, in my opinion, being the frontrunner for MVP. Amare Stoudemire is playing amazingly, averaging 26.1 ppg and 8.60 rpg, and its only his 3rd season. Shawn Marion, Quentin Richardson and Joe Johnson are playing awesome, all with career numbers. The only thing lacking is their bench. Jim Jackson is, while a decent scorer, very inconsistent and in his 13th season. Bo Outlaw is the same (12th season). They dont really have an proven talent off the bench, with Leandro Barbosa and Steven Hunter being young and not yet having proven themselves.
To add to that, Walter McCarty recently acquired from the Celtics provides abit more depth and another 3-point shot from the bench. Such depth is a necessity for this Suns team since their starting-5 seem to be playing in excess of 40 minutes each night and could risk burning out by the time the playoffs come.

Minnesota, well, their on a slide, sitting outside of playoff contention, expect a shift after the all-star break, pushing them into the top 8, maybe even as high as 6th and with Cassell, Sprewell and of course Garnett, anything is possible come playoff time.
I think Minny will make a big deal at the deadline, regardless of any supposed "disinterest" in guys like Sprewell and Cassell. If no trade happens then the above scenario I think will happen too.

Anybody know if the ASG will be shown on ESPN this year? Or at least any channel for us?

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
Hotsauce said:
Anybody know if the ASG will be shown on ESPN this year? Or at least any channel for us?
i didnt see the ASG in the foxtel guides for ESPN... tis fkD

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
I would like to express my displeasure with Australian Sports Television after they did not show ANY of NBA's Allstar Weekend.
Fuck you ESPN Australia.
Fuck you FOX sports.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
Fuck you FOX sports.
Yes!!, instead they show stuff like the National Fishing Championship

fuck sake

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
i had to download the All Star Weekend off the net

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Same.

Anyway AI got MVP, he apparently had a good all round game. No one scored over 20 which was surprising. Apparently hthis year lacked credible "showtime" as opposed to previous years, with the exception of a vince carter self alley off the backboard windmill dunk.

Anyone see the slam dunk comp? There were some crazy dunks, i didnt know josh smith had so much hang time! and the amare feat steve nash off the backboard header dunk was amazing.,

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
The Dunk Comp was good, but I dont like this first 3yr players only rule, I want to see J-Rich vs Vince vs Kobe vs LeBron
That would be awesome.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
they need to stop giving invites to chris andersen, hes a disgrace. it took him 9 attempts to complete his first dunk, then another 6 to complete his second. If MJ came out of retirement he could of did better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)