NCAP Subforum Change - Proposal (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Enteebee said:
agreed... If anything I'd like one forum and a sub-forum for 'trashy threads' where the mods can move utter trash.
Agreed.

I think if 'Light and Offbeat' was changed to something else, for example 'Local and Offbeat' (or something), the problem would be fixed.

Local's a good replacement for 'light' because it's got a wide range of meanings which basically encompass all that isn't 'current affairs'. It should also be noted, despite all the NCAP mods' efforts to the contrary, that it really is irrelevant where your news article appears. I don't see why mods of the past have argued that x article should be in y place - effectively derailing the thread - when a simply standard 'post up a complaint in contact mods, all posts on this will be deleted' suffices.

I wouldn't add a philosophy forum (philosophy is covered variously throughout the site), or a middle Eastern forum. All and any threads on the middle east are, after no more than 100 posts, the same. I'm sure this'll come out wrong and I'll be flamed for saying it, but noone really here warrants the understanding of the depths of discussion that good middle eastern boards have. I've seen cool middle eastern politics/history forums, and I don't even know what 95% of the threads are going on about because I haven't studied the area formally. With regards to philosophy in the popular sense, I think that there aren't as many threads on the topic, so that doesn't warrant another subforum.

Like waf points out, extra clicks are just frustrating. I've also consistently been PMing admins to change another subforum for over two months, so you can expect a lenthy wait in any case. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
No

As previous posters have said, making three or four separate sub-forums for ill-informed discussion on the Middle East and philosophy is only going to make this forum stagnate overall.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
TBH, who gives a shit.

If the placement of news articles (which lets be honest nearly always degenerates into a bum fight) is really that much of an issue for people, perhaps it's time to stop internets.

EDIT: Danlol is the biggest vocally to be disgruntled with the naming, yet barely posts in either NCAP or the subforum.

Last edited:

BackCountrySnow

HSC
I don't know if philosophy and religion should be in the same subforum. In theory they're similar, but the tone of discussions are vastly different.

Maybe have a small sub forum just for religion for all the emytaylors to unite in and a subforum labeled 'philosophy and logic' or something of the sort.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
No! No! No!
The forum's not for turning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)