Ncss (1 Viewer)

Gigacube

HSC
Is anyone applying for the NCSS Summer School?

For those who don't know what it is:
The National Computer Science School (NCSS) is a week long summer school for students going into years 11 and 12. NCSS brings together talented young people from around Australia for an intensive course of computer programming and website development in the School of IT at the University of Sydney.

NCSS 2012 will run from Saturday 7th to Monday 16th January, 2012 (inclusive).

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
You should apply for it! :) They also have a programming comp which teaches you how to program as you go. Looks pretty good. :)
I will check my Summer schedule. *Looks at Summar Schedule, -blank for 6 weeks-*. Mmmm...

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
*Pokes* You know you want to meet some more nice friendly humans to snack on. I mean to meet & get to know.
There will be a crowd of delicious humans. I will beg my parents. Is it pricey?

Gigacube

HSC
There will be a crowd of delicious humans. I will beg my parents. Is it pricey?
Costs $360 but that covers everything including accommodation for 10 days which is quite cheap compared to other camps.

You should apply then see if you are accepted then discuss with parents. I'm not sure when applications end.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Costs $360 but that covers everything including accommodation for 10 days which is quite cheap compared to other camps.

You should apply then see if you are accepted then discuss with parents. I'm not sure when applications end.
It's a camp?! I will have to see, I need to get away at the moment as I am very stressed. I hope I will become rich by then. Are there any prerequisites?

Gigacube

HSC
It's a camp?! I will have to see, I need to get away at the moment as I am very stressed. I hope I will become rich by then. Are there any prerequisites?
Not really a camp. You stay in the accommodation at USYD which is the Women's College. Don't worry guys are allowed for this 10 day event. What I meant was $360 for a 10 day summer school is quite cheap considering that it includes accommodation & trips to cool places such as Google. You get to meet the industry sponsors. :D

No prerequisites. Just need to have an interest in computing.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Not really a camp. You stay in the accommodation at USYD which is the Women's College. Don't worry guys are allowed for this 10 day event. What I meant was $360 for a 10 day summer school is quite cheap considering that it includes accommodation & trips to cool places such as Google. You get to meet the industry sponsors. :D

No prerequisites. Just need to have an interest in computing.
My cousin is a computer and I like to play with my cousin. I will consider this, I need somewhere to go to relieve my HSC stress.

Gigacube

HSC
My cousin is a computer and I like to play with my cousin. I will consider this, I need somewhere to go to relieve my HSC stress.
Yay! :) I may meet this so called SpiralFlex in real life. :p

I'm doing it to relieve my HSC stress too & to meet new people. It looks quite fun. :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I have heard as Jnney did not spot you at Alpha-Omega.

I will look out for someone with a Cambridge textbook or saying math related stuff.
I was behind her. She must have spotted me. I made a huge racket when the fire alarm went.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)