ndustrial Technology Graphics Major Project Ideas (1 Viewer)

twenty8s

HSC
I currently do Industrial Technology Graphics, Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a Industrial Technology Graphics Major Project. Or any projects you have done in the past.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
twenty8s said:
I currently do Industrial Technology Graphics, Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a Industrial Technology Graphics Major Project. Or any projects you have done in the past.
The syllabus says for the preliminary year to do some "engineering, product and architectural drawing." For the major work "As part of the HSC, the major project should incorporate a set of related drawings around the design and planning of a product or structure."

So you can basically choose to draw a product or a structure (architectural). For my major work, I did a product (a watch). Most others in my class did products too, though one did a train (he wanted to do an aeroplane, but it was too hard). I think only two from memory did architectural. One designed and drew a house, and the other designed and drew an office (but just one room).

It really doesn't make a difference if you do architectural or product. Both can be done poorly and quickly on the low end of the scale, but they both also scale up to whatever difficulty you want. Remember if you want to do something but it seems to big or challenging then you can see how you go, and if its too much just focus on one part of it.

So basically and product or architectural design will do. Just look around and see what you can see right now. Eg. I can see a computer monitor, a stapler, a clock, a chair... anything will do. But also many things have a range of difficultly. Say you choose a clock, you could either do a really simple one, or a complex grandfather clock.

Note: If you want to look at my work from last year you can see a selection of images here, http://picasaweb.google.com/andrew....rialTechnologyGraphicsIndustriesMajorProject# or you can download the whole project from here, http://andrew.harvey4.googlepages.com/

Last edited:

twenty8s

HSC
Hi me121
Thanks for the help and info. I have seen your folio at my school as an example of the major work. you went to Blakehurst right? The folio was quite good and I heard you got a band 6 for it.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
twenty8s said:
Hi me121
Thanks for the help and info. I have seen your folio at my school as an example of the major work. you went to Blakehurst right? The folio was quite good and I heard you got a band 6 for it.
yes i did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)