Need advice on calculators that don't have slow input when entering long formula. (1 Viewer)

bineal

HSC
My Casio fx-82AU is simply too slow when dealing with integrals and 2nd moment of area calculation inputs. Does anyone know what calculator brand (preferably scientific) and model are able to handle long formula as such without the calculator acting slow?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Protip: Do one calculation, then press equals (so it binds it to Ans), then continue the calculation with 'Ans' instead of a big stream of numbers.

Advantage #1 less chance of silly errors due to the lag (because sometimes when it lags, it doesn't register the number you enter).

Advantage #2 you don't get confused seeing a whole big calculator-wall of numbers.

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
Just expanding on Carrotstick's idea, store data. This allows you to keep multiple 'answers', requiring you to simply put in place of the large strings of numbers, the corresponding letters.
It's simply pressing SHIFT, STO (above the RCL button) then any of the letters.
It really is far easier and it prevents that awful lag.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Wait, what?

You are allowed to use calculators that perform integrals for you now?

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
Wait, what?

You are allowed to use calculators that perform integrals for you now?

No! haha.

Programmable calculators aren't allowed. A kid actually used one in the most recent 2U test, and the whole grade got lectured on the calculators that are BOS approved. But yes, I think OP was just referring to the many numbers after you integrate.

delian

HSC
N/A
Programmable calculators definitely aren't allowed

bineal

HSC
the uni section is dead

i came here for the nerds advice

and its what im getting

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Well first, check the authorized list of calculators by your uni. I would be surprised if any of them allows you to easily perform integrals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)