Need advice !! (1 Viewer)

viethuy2k9

HSC
N/A
Hi guys I'm currently doing 11 units including maths 2u, MX1, English, 2u LOTE, Chemistry and Physics. I'm performing decently for every subjects except for Physics. Now i regret doing that instead of choosing biology or others cuz i find it really hard to get the contents into my head comparing to chemistry which is another science subject i picked. I've finished chemistry for trials and having physics on Wednesday and MX1 the following day. I'm now struggling with Physics past papers and could not do most of them without the solution, even with the solution i found it hard to understand it.

Should I give it up and focus on the other subjects? I mean, using my time after trials to increase the chance of getting higher marks for other subjects rather than start trying to understand the concepts for Physics.

Ranking 9/23 for Physics, probably the upcoming trial (35% weighting) will drag me down, my school ranked 290 ~ 350 and no one got band 6 for physics for the last few years..

Thanks you so much guys for any help.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
How are you doing in MX1? If Physics is you're worst subject, then MX1 might will pull you up if you're doing good in it.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Stop wasting time regreting-use that time to study for physics and maximise your improvement in that instead-just because no one else have gotten a band 6 in physics last few years doesn't mean no one this year will get a band 6-focus on your goals and do your best-target your weakness:)

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
you are doing the exact same subjects as me.
(when I was in your boat* I dropped the LOTE subject, except I had an extra VET subject that I also dropped)
If you can take an extra unit in maths or english, then you might be able to drop physics. Otherwise persevere.

viethuy2k9

HSC
N/A
How are you doing in MX1? If Physics is you're worst subject, then MX1 might will pull you up if you're doing good in it.
Not sure for the trials next week but I've done well in the assessment tasks and currently have a good ranking.

viethuy2k9

HSC
N/A
you are doing the exact same subjects as me.
(when I was in your boat* I dropped the LOTE subject, except I had an extra VET subject that I also dropped)
If you can take an extra unit in maths or english, then you might be able to drop physics. Otherwise persevere.
I'm doing trials so it's impossible to take an extra unit or drop Physics at this time. I have English paper 2 trials on Monday, than LOTE and Physics on Wednesday and MX1 the following day. So I'm considering stop studying Physics now and use the time for MX1 past papers as well as other subjects.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing trials so it's impossible to take an extra unit or drop Physics at this time. I have English paper 2 trials on Monday, than LOTE and Physics on Wednesday and MX1 the following day. So I'm considering stop studying Physics now and use the time for MX1 past papers as well as other subjects.
sorry I don't know why but I thought you were in Year 11 (that said I dropped down to 10 units halfway through the year)
Ranking 9/23 is not too bad for Physics. Obviously don't spend time on Physics. Because MX1 is after the others you will have more time to study anyway for this subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)