need advices for enigeering at uni (1 Viewer)

blackhead

HSC
ill leave highskool this year and i want to become either chemical eng and aeronuatical eng. But i really dont kno which one is better. I heard that aus is very shit at aeronautical eng and ya cant get a good job.
and i dont kno much about chemical eng
can some1 give me some advices. thnks:)

ioniser

HSC
aero jobs are hard to come about considering the small industry here in australia,the big industry is overseas with europe -airbus or america -boeing. Chemical on the other hand is also pretty slack in australia in the city based areas, but there are a lot of jobs in the resources sector(remote areas).

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
have you had a look at the handbooks for chem engineering at unsw and usyd?

blackhead

HSC
i got the hand book for unsw and usyd already, but they all talked about what enter uai for eng, what ya did at the first yr or bla.... bla ...bla, noting about what kind of job ya can get after graduating.
i heard that mining eng is easy to get the job, iz that true?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
yeah you're going to get a job basically if you do either EE, ME, CivE in Australia easily even with a 50WAM.

ChE you'll have to look a bit harder or go overseas

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
because thats where a science degree will take you.

blackhead

HSC
yup, i love researching and calculating like maths stuff, thats a reason 4 me to choose eng and science degree, i hate reading or writing words to words like lawyers, journalists or .... do:mad1: :mad1: :mad1: coz im very shit at english.
One westion, is it harder when studying combining course like civil eng+management ?

HSC
blackhead said:
yup, i love researching and calculating like maths stuff, thats a reason 4 me to choose eng and science degree, i hate reading or writing words to words like lawyers, journalists or .... do:mad1: :mad1: :mad1: coz im very shit at english.
One westion, is it harder when studying combining course like civil eng+management ?
OMG KHOA WAZZZ UPPP!!!!! lol, DONT DO SCIENCE DAGREE!!!!!!!! i went to that umat tutoring thing and they said to all the ppl wanting to do medicine to NEVER TO DO A SCIENCE DAGREE!!!!!
u wanna b rich???? DO MEDICINE WITH ME!!!!!!!! and then u can giv ppl drugs like the one on ur picture and since u suck at english, it wont matter coz most doctors are asian anyway lmao, n e way back to ur question....dont do a combined dagree coz u will hav to study twice as hard and uni is all about havin fun!!!![well for me n my friends it is] but if u want go for it, but its risky
ummmm i say u do aero engineering and go usa and work for lockyed or something like that or boeing, if u wanna do chemical engineering....and worried about getting a job...THEN DO PHARMACY!!!!!!! U WILL B GRANTEED WITH A 80K+ JOB!!! and u will find one!!
goodluck n cya at school!!!!

HSC
^^ he asked for engineering advice not your life story.

combined degrees take an extra year, but the workload isn't any greater.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
sanjeevprasad99 said:
OMG KHOA WAZZZ UPPP!!!!! lol, DONT DO SCIENCE DAGREE!!!!!!!! i went to that umat tutoring thing and they said to all the ppl wanting to do medicine to NEVER TO DO A SCIENCE DAGREE!!!!!
u wanna b rich???? DO MEDICINE WITH ME!!!!!!!! and then u can giv ppl drugs like the one on ur picture and since u suck at english, it wont matter coz most doctors are asian anyway lmao, n e way back to ur question....dont do a combined dagree coz u will hav to study twice as hard and uni is all about havin fun!!!![well for me n my friends it is] but if u want go for it, but its risky
ummmm i say u do aero engineering and go usa and work for lockyed or something like that or boeing, if u wanna do chemical engineering....and worried about getting a job...THEN DO PHARMACY!!!!!!! U WILL B GRANTEED WITH A 80K+ JOB!!! and u will find one!!
Such excitement

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
sanjeevprasad99 said:
cool post i have some awesome advice for you: shut up

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
yeah, engo/science will help if you want to go on to research, just put it down now and you can drop the science later if you dont like the workload, but picking science up afterwards might be a hassle. FOr the engo major just go with what interests you most.

chaithu

HSC
petroleum engineer get the highest starting salary..than any engineer..its about 100k seriously..and mining is about 90k(starting)..even i am willing to aeronautical eng ..but afraid of jobs
i love some that involve resaerch and i want to build sometime that may channge world..example lets say..transformer robots fightng against the enemies hehehe( dont mind) but nanotechnology is very good good demand in future..
even mechatronic en gis interesting i think and has a good jobs prospects i think
goodluck

Igal0s

HSC
chaithu said:
petroleum engineer get the highest starting salary..than any engineer..its about 100k seriously..and mining is about 90k(starting)..even i am willing to aeronautical eng ..but afraid of jobs
i love some that involve resaerch and i want to build sometime that may channge world..example lets say..transformer robots fightng against the enemies hehehe( dont mind) but nanotechnology is very good good demand in future..
even mechatronic en gis interesting i think and has a good jobs prospects i think
goodluck
nice english. where u get skillz?

Nanotechnology in Australia won't happen anytime soon. It is a very promising futuristic field though and is very scientific. might be worth for you to look further into it.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
chaithu said:
goodluck
I dont know if the future of engineering is safe in your hands.

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
blackhead said:
ill leave highskool this year and i want to become either chemical eng and aeronuatical eng. But i really dont kno which one is better. I heard that aus is very shit at aeronautical eng and ya cant get a good job.
and i dont kno much about chemical eng
can some1 give me some advices. thnks:)
Regardless of job opportunities, choose the one you think you'll like better. It really doesn't matter how much the job pays if in 10 years time you wished you'd chosen the other one.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)