Need answers to Accounting 6th Edition by Horngren textbook (1 Viewer)

approach

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I'm not going to uni. But at my local library they had Accounting by Horngren, Harrison, Best, Fraser and Willet. And i want to learn accounting yesterday i purchased this book for myself (it cost $140 bucks) i am working through this book (it's very good).

The problem is the book does not come with answers to the questions. I rang Pearson the publisher to ask if i could get the answers somewhere and they said they only give them to instructors/professors.

This sucks. The whole point of answering questions in a book is to check if you got the answer wrong or right. Then if you got it right you can move on to the next chapter. And if you got it wrong you can re-read the chapter to fix your understanding of the concept where you made a mistake and... LEARN. It's like trying to learn math without answers in the back of the book. How do you know if you're learning if you can't check if you understand the concept?

Anyway, does anyone here have the solutions to this book given to them from their instructor at uni?

Thanks

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont have solutions, but our accounting textbook for UTS doesn't have answers either, and the UNI doesn't even provide us with the answers even if we do the homework, so you're not alone.

approach

HSC
N/A
It's madness! I cant understand it. Students learn by being able to check the answers to see if they got them correct or wrong. If you check the answers in the back of the book and get the answers correct it cements the answers/concepts further into your head. If you get them wrong you investigate to find out why and answer the questions again and this leads to understanding and learning too.

Having the answers is a learning tool. These book publishers have no common sense.

It's like selling a car without wheels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)