NEEd any help?! (1 Viewer)

NickyP

there are 2 big things:
1.acocunt for increasing diversity in relgious adhearance in the period 1901 to present
2. examine common elements within and beween religios world views in austrlia today

thankyou so much these units are going to ocunt and i don't know a thing.... :( im scared

hey waht relgions are you doing in your cross study??

SploJo

Are you helping? if so could you PLLLLEEEEEASSE :D help me in foundation study one.....Aboriginal belief systems and spirituality. Firstly
*how do you answer "the diveristy of expression of Aboriginal belief systems and spirituality today"
*and are "the integration of Christianity and Aboriginal belief systems and society" basically linked to "the ways in which Aboriginal spirituality has influenced some Christian denominations" basically the same?
Thanks..

Porphyria_J

Originally posted by NickyP
there are 2 big things:
1.acocunt for increasing diversity in relgious adhearance in the period 1901 to present
2. examine common elements within and beween religios world views in austrlia today
OKay umm, ill try and answer hopefully itll help you!

1) Account for the increasing diversity in religious adherance in the period of 1901

- i would talk about the things you would put for under migration from ww2 to the present, as well as the idea of the ending of the white australia policy. So overall to put it short, it would evolve around the idea of
migration --> an increase in the number of catholics (ie migration from such countries as Italy), changing the face of catholicism, IE such things as maronite catholics, there was also those that seeked refuge from war IE Jews and Lutherans
White australia policy --> an increase in the diversity of religious plurality in australia, IE it allowed migration from eastern and asian countries which leads to an increase in buddhism, islam etc
All together leading to an increase in religious adherance
you might like to talk about cencus figures, IE the increase of buddhism and islam in australia, as well as the idea that the increase in religious plurality has led to the more mainstream religion loosing their stronghold in a way, and gives more of an opportunity to sort of 'pick and choose' IE the increase in secular australia, which is increasing with each census, in 1901 was like less than 1% but now in 2001 equaled to 25%

sorry long answer, but i hoped that sorta helped.

2) examine common elements within and beween religios world views in austrlia today

- for this the examiners are looking at towards those things at the end of the syllabus IE things to do with interfaith dialogue and religious harmony etc
thigns you can inlcude is the idea that despite differences in belief, they still hold common elements thus leading to different religions working together on particular issues, such as how they work together on social justice issues, EG Aboriginal rights, poverty because of beliefs liek the dignity of the human person, the need to have a fair society, looking after the environment
ETC

theres not much i think you could write for that, but if they ask for an answer with alot of marks, i would presume you can go towards the ecumenical and interfaith side more as i said, at teh end of the syllabus

well i dunno, but seriously what else can you do? any comments?

hope that helped
!

kaseita

Originally posted by SploJo
Are you helping? if so could you PLLLLEEEEEASSE :D help me in foundation study one.....Aboriginal belief systems and spirituality. Firstly
*how do you answer "the diveristy of expression of Aboriginal belief systems and spirituality today"
*and are "the integration of Christianity and Aboriginal belief systems and society" basically linked to "the ways in which Aboriginal spirituality has influenced some Christian denominations" basically the same?
Thanks..
This is from memory, since I haven't actually done any study for this...

1)diversity of expression of aboriginal belief systems and spirituality today
- the various rituals/corroborrees/lifestyle they continue to perform in the land they have taken back, and also at special events (e.g. olympics)
- paintings done today (some focus on events, such as captain cooks landing)
- passing down of stories from kins

2) yea they're basically same thing, except for the first part, there's a little more detail, cause your also looking at the influence christianity has had on Aboriginal spirituality.

Christine

beige member
HSC
can anyone help me for media in 2unit??? pleeeeaaaaseeeee!!

Porphyria_J

i'll try???
wich part of religion in the media
apart from the fact that its such a wishy washy topic for religion

religion and media

rel uses media to propagate a point of view. ue of documnetaries, talk back radios, newspapers, brochures, journals regualr coloums, and so on,,
u also can talk bout neutrality, bias, subjectivity, objectivity..
i should start using my own info.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Christine

beige member
HSC
i agree, media is really wishy washy topic - its almost englishy in a way

Porphyria_J

i believe even worse than english
because in english there is a limit really on what they can ask and you have done it in class...

btu with this religion in the media topic, they can ask (in my opinion) maybe stuff that can freak me out, like all those things on ratio of coverage etc, i have basic info but if they ask me in reference to a newspaper article maybe, i'll be so screwed

and for my analysis of bias subjectivity etc, i did it for two issues, i just have noooo idea wat they can ask, cause what if htey ask on stuff on bias neutrality etc on a particular coverage issue (maybe portrayal woman or religious traditions) ? i would have no examples to back up my general knowledge. i dont know if they can ask that, but the question is not impossible, if you have done the actual newspaper research

lol...im just freaking myself even more here, im gonna call up the HSC advice line and ask those people.. but what do you think?

SploJo

HSC helpline doesnt cater for Studies of religion.....to my knowledge-it isnt listed as a subject available for advice...

Wintermute

are "the integration of Christianity and Aboriginal belief systems and society" basically linked to "the ways in which Aboriginal spirituality has influenced some Christian denominations" basically the same?
They're not the same. The first one is more about aboriginals and how they have changed their faith in order to merge it with christianity. So you can mention something like how some aborigines feel that the creation spirits were involved in the genesis creation.

The second point is that shit question from last year. When you talk about aboriginal influence on christianity, there really isn't a lot you can say, because they haven't done jack crap. But you can mention things like the use of traditional aboriginal paintings as decoration in christian parishes or the use of aboriginal music at the mass. You can also mention that when the pope visited back in the 80s, there was an aboriginal smoking ceremony. I dont think they will ask the same question two years in a row, considering how much flak they copped after last year's exam.

NickyP

hinduism

Can someone help me out who knows about Hinduism? I am confused about the variants and how they differ...any tips would be fantastic!! THANKS!!

Porphyria_J

Originally posted by SploJo
HSC helpline doesnt cater for Studies of religion.....to my knowledge-it isnt listed as a subject available for advice...
Agh...yes it is
because my teacher is on the HSC advice line...!!
ahah so now you know...call!

ByteMe

HSC
N/A
help... Foundation study 2

something about the relationship between the cultural and physical environment and the development of christianity...

never seen anything about that before.

:eek:

kaseita

cultural and physical environment of...what?
oh wait, study 2, Australia. oh, that's fine.

its declined. anglicans dominate, catholics and other protestants come, steal people from congregations, social darwinism and communism arrive, taking people away from christianity, the church fights among itself (sectarianism)

So you get a drop in Anglican numbers, rising numbers in charismatics, and catholics, falling attendance rates to church, rising rates in those supporting other religions and no religion

that's a fair summary I guess.

cultural vs physical, hmm, well the cultural aspect would be what I just mentioned.
Physical, you'd be talking about specific events - liquor act, depression, wars, uniting church (example of the church coming together...ecumenism!)

Last edited:

ByteMe

HSC
N/A
Thanks for that :D

Hmmm can anyone tell me what classifies something as a human experience for religious rites??? is that just the process of the rite???

kaseita

beliefs and belief systems answer the enduring questions on life that humans endeavour to answer, and are unable to explain to satisfaction.
They're important, because humans want the answers, but are unable to find them. Beliefs fill up this emptiness, or provides a way out, giving renewed purpose to their lives.

e.g. why are we here? (on earth, living i.e. what is our purpose in life)

Sarah

HSC
N/A
could someone please give me tips on how to analyse?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)