NEED Bruce Dawe supplementary material :D (1 Viewer)

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
help? does any one know of any films that relate to any of bruce dawe's poems on consumersim?

help would be greatly appreciated :headbang:

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
For my supplementary material i just got 2 adds of TV that related to 2 of his poems
You really shouldnt have two tv ads as ur supplemetary material because one of the outcomes for english is to know a variety of texts

Look in the newspaper in the finance section and you might find an article to do with consumerism
Dont use poems as ur supplementary material because Bruce Dawe uses poems already...

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
hey guys i discovered another good ad.. the panadol / herron add.. where bob hawkes then wife is presenting it.. saying which would u choose the australian brand or over seas... thats a good one i discovered..

Person

one of them
cartoons r good, our teacher gave us couple of them related to dawe, fully deconstructed by us. i have so much notes on dawe, if only somthing that can give me enuf motivation to scan n upload them, *sigh*

xGSiR

Yeah man i need some materials. I got to know the text and study it before my Trials starting in August.

Anyone with notes that they could share would be great.

craz

HSC
anybody got any ideas....for supporting texts. I think I'll do a feature article but how many does it have to be? Like just one newspaper article?

aNg3L_iReNe

Irene was here....
Televistas----> short story : CLick~! search for it.! it displays the attitudes to tv contrasting the perfect tv world to reality

HSC
well i am gonna do that V8 holden ad thats on tv...
yknow the one with the 1 tonne?
kinda links in with Abandonment of Autos

ummm..i think you need 2!
im looking for a 2nd text...if anybody finds one give us a yell!
im thinking about using a glasbergen cartoon....

nae

a movie to show consumerism is "Witness" the clash between two cultures the amish and the consumeristic america.

especially the part where he uses the coffee slogan "honey this is great coffee" tothe amish people who dont watch tv

craz

HSC
no you cant. i know im doing changing self, away, seachange, changing stimulus, my own texts. modules - lawson, witness and consumerism. If you do like i do - both witness and consumerism - you have to use them separately...as they are different texts. One is Bruce Dawe, while the other is about the film.

Sacred_Soul

Anyone have any ideas, as to what kind of essay they would usually give us in the trialz and hsc...for consumerism
and how many related materials do we need for consumerism:confused:

craz

HSC
most of the questions vary from year to year or so far as ive seen. most consumerism questions are not necessarily essays, last year they had to write a letter to orgaisers of a tv program and explain what texts have to say about scoiety and why they should be included in one section of this program. Make reference to your prescribed text and at least two other related texts of your own choosing.

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
yeh the trials i did asked me to write a conversation between an advertiser and a youn consumer...i used humour in mine so it should be alright, but i didnt get to finish my conclusion =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)