Need Chemistry Help (1 Viewer)

tahles

HSC
i am struggling so much in chemistry..
pretty much everything, i dont understand or i cant remember :(

and advice on how to memorise chemistry things, or someone to help would be great!!

Sup3rDry

HSC
This is the problem. Chemistry is not all about "memorising" things. Key component is understanding the actual concepts. So if you're actually struggling, I suggest you put more time and effort into the subject or seek a tutor if required.

Aysce

HSC

and advice on how to memorise chemistry things, or someone to help would be great!!
As Sup3rDry mentioned, memorising in chemistry and in general to be honest, won't get you anywhere. Learn to see the interrelationships between the concepts and always ask yourself when reading "Why and how does this happen?". Follow up with research and hence that will give you a greater understanding and appreciation of the subject.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

Which module are you doing and what concepts are you having trouble with? The prelim chem course is rather conceptually involved - you really need to start enjoying the concepts before you can tackle the course (and the memorisation that comes with it) as a whole. I suggest wide scientific reading, watch youtube videos about chemistry, read textbooks - just generally become interested! The rest will follow.

Good luck =]

tahles

HSC
thankyou for your inputs. :)

isplicer, we are currently doing 'water' which i am okay with so far, its just the past things, just like the equations and naming the compounds etc.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Can you answer this question:
Do you love studying Chemistry?

For me, I really enjoyed studying chemistry at school and so, it allowed to to excel while other students that didn't enjoy it often struggled.

tahles

HSC
I am actually starting to enjoy chemistry, and since i do, i feel like i understand it more. i think i enjoy it now since i got 98% on my chemistry assignment, first in the class :D

j12onuzim

HSC
How can you understand the concepts though? Some of them, especially the structural aspects do not seem that straightforward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)