Need Feedback (1 Viewer)

felix the cat11

Pirate Love
HSC
hey everyone im new to this site so if a thread like this already exists please bare with me. im aiming for a uai of 70+ so i can get into a business related coarse in uni, i was wondering if i could snag some feedback on on my marks in the half yearlies, preferably from people who have finished their hsc and have their uai marks. i got 78% in general maths, 67% in economics, 70% in business studies, 50% in standard english ( i know very bad), and 80% in ancient history. i would be very interested in talking to someone who got similar half yearly marks and have finished their hsc. thanks alot

taki999

HSC
you could plug your marks in the SAM and see what marks you could possibly get in the HSC. Your marks aren't too bad and you should be able to get above 70. You never know doing a little better could get your better marks...

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Economics for your part scales the highest. All the rest is up to you. Look at your peers compared to you. Will they or wouldn't they pull you up or down during the external examination.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
you have to increase your marks .. espeically for english. you'd have to be getting at least 80's to have a higher chance of getting 70+.

btw, why aim for 70 when you can aim for 80 ;) .. it'll look more prettyful on your resume ;p

Monstar

HSC
^^ it also depends what school you go to man.

politik might've gone to some uber selective school.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
felix the cat11 said:
hey everyone im new to this site so if a thread like this already exists please bare with me. im aiming for a uai of 70+ so i can get into a business related coarse in uni, i was wondering if i could snag some feedback on on my marks in the half yearlies, preferably from people who have finished their hsc and have their uai marks. i got 78% in general maths, 67% in economics, 70% in business studies, 50% in standard english ( i know very bad), and 80% in ancient history. i would be very interested in talking to someone who got similar half yearly marks and have finished their hsc. thanks alot
Pull your eng and eco marks up to 80's and you should be right.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Monstar said:
^^ it also depends what school you go to man.

politik might've gone to some uber selective school.
negative. relative to marks, schools don't have THAT much of a difference on the marks you receive!! *nods*

possible to get 99 in some unknown public school.

eg: my school was ranked about 350ish in 2004 ... around 6 people got 90+ uai .. 2 people got 99+

which boosted the ranking to about 200 or so ... and yeah!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It's probably not the best time to use SAM in terms of UAI estimating. The best time would be after your trial marks are released and when you finish all your HSC exams.

Just try your best and try not to worry too much about what type of marks you need yet. It's still quite early in the HSC to be of any kind of accuracy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)