• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need help ASAP transferring... (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Ok.

If i was to do commerce (liberal studies) at USYD and then transfer second year to business/law at UTS how many units would count?

Cheers.

sypher

HSC
No offence, but how about trying to do the homework yourself..
Look at the subjects offered for first year study for both courses, read their descriptions, compare and then take an educated guess and what subjects are very similar and would be eligible for prior learning.

Then, contact UTS bus/law faculties.

I mean seriously, how many students on this forum do you think transfered from Liberal studies @ USYD to Bus/Law @ UTS. Or are you expecting someone do the research for you? As I said initially, this isn't meant to offend but it's something to think about.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Thankyou. But as far as i know, this forum is supposed to be for questions and inquiries. Go fuck yourself.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Yeh well obviously the only subjects which you will get credit for will be commerce ones, so if you're sure you want to transfer to bizlaw then whats the point in doing any other nonrelated subjects?

highpingbastard

Lag me hard!
HSC
I did Psychology / Law @ Macquarie and this year I transferred to Journalism / Law @ UTS.

I got full credit and exemptions for the all my law subjects...however, none of the psychology subjects yielded me any credit. So, as the person above has said, probably only your commerce subjects would count for transferring to business/law. Unless, that is, you chose even more business-related subjects to study in liberal studies, in which case they might all count.

Best bet is to assume that you will not get any credit for your liberal studies subjects. You can of course apply but you'll have to make up a convincing argument why philosophy, for instance, should be given credit on your business/law degree.

felafel

yay for com liberal studies - that is such a good program

the uni will look at your GPA - grade point avg, which is of ALL your units

and if you successfully transfer, i agree that only your commerce units would count

azn_spirit

...messed up...
HSC
What happen to yourself doing Communications/Law @ UTS? Read in another post said you accepted your offer already?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)