Need Help :D Please on History (1 Viewer)

0llie

HSC
Ok, my problem is that, my weakest subject is history. In year 7 D and the rest of my schooling got C. get the picture i'm bad. So could you guys help me. I need notes for sc and i've been searching for something that i will understand, But i havent got anything yet. Help?

0llie

HSC
Thanks for the link, I'll have a look. Well the good side is... we only need to learn one unit *phew*

0llie

HSC
Yeah...........
Only the topic changing Australia
we only need to know:
> Australia in the Vietnam war era
> Changing Rights and freedoms
> People Power and Politics in the Post- war period
> Australia's social and cultural history after 1945:wave:

fayeee

HSC
0llie said:
Yeah...........
Only the topic changing Australia
we only need to know:
> Australia in the Vietnam war era
> Changing Rights and freedoms
> People Power and Politics in the Post- war period
> Australia's social and cultural history after 1945:wave:
really? isn't it everything..?

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Only topics 5 to 8, it says in the SC guide that you should have gotten (blue book thingy). For me, this is just everything I did in Year 10.

fayeee

HSC
OMG SIF!
OKAY....
thankyou.. LOL.

didn't know that

*doh* n00b.

i can breathe abit now i suppose...

What abt for Geo? Does anyone know?

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
For Geography, it's Focus Area 5A3 (Issues in Australian Environments), Focus Area 5A4 (Australia In Its Regional and Global Contexts) and geography skills (like area and grid references). The geography skills one is really just logic and/or common knowledge though.

fayeee

HSC
Continuum said:
For Geography, it's Focus Area 5A3 (Issues in Australian Environments), Focus Area 5A4 (Australia In Its Regional and Global Contexts) and geography skills (like area and grid references). The geography skills one is really just logic and/or common knowledge though.
is there a site i can get this off?
Thankyou btw..

super-shinobi

HSC
hmmm im pretty sure my teacher told us that there may be an essay about geoff whitlams withdrawal? or something on one of aus PM's since in one of the past papers you had to write an essay on that.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
It's everything that you've learnt this year so far.

Could be anything. Last year, the longer response was on the Vietnam War. Probabaly look for something that might be related to a PM (eg-Whitlam), Aboriginal Australians, Woman/Migrants, Australia's International links (eg-APEC, UNESCO, etc) or Australia's Cultural progression in the post-war period.

super-shinobi

HSC
Aww man I stink at History XD

But I'm doing Modern next year because I heard the Syllabus leads away from Aus history [which im totally sick about!] and is more interesting.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
super-shinobi said:
Aww man I stink at History XD

But I'm doing Modern next year because I heard the Syllabus leads away from Aus history [which im totally sick about!] and is more interesting.
Definitely. For Year 11, we did the French, Russian, Indochinese and Industrial Revolution. We only spent 20 minutes on the Industrial Revolution 'cause its :sleep: You also do the World at the Beginning of the Twentieth Century- the reasons that lead up to WWI.

But the course is much better in Year 12. We're doing WWI, Germany 1918-1939 and its rise under Hitler, Albert Speer and Conflict in the Pacific (WWII).

Depending on your teacher, you could do some aspects that relate to Australia, but its barely done. Some of the other topics you could do include:

National Study
Russia, China, USA, South Africa, Japan

International Study
Conflict in Europe (WWII-Would have loved to do this topic), Cold War, Arab-Israeli Conflict, something relating to Ireland, Conflict in Indochina etc

Glad to see you've chosen Modern!

unreal09

HSC
Can anyone give me a quick run down on these policies so I don't have to go searching through piles of sheets lol? Thanks.

Assimilation
Integration
Protection
Reconciliation

Also would anyone happen to have any good links to sites with a lot of info on the stuff I should be studying for History?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Assimilation:Cultural assimilation (often called merely assimilation) is an intense process of consistent integration whereby members of an ethno-cultural group, typically immigrants, or other minority groups, are "absorbed" into an established, generally larger community.

Integration: A policy which aimed to bring Aboriginal Australians into mainstream society and recognised recognised the value of Aboriginal culture and the right of Aboriginals to retain their languages and customs and maintain their own distinctive communities

Protection: A policy which aimed at "protecting" Aborigines in the early 20th century, but actually did the opposite. They were considered too "uncivilised" to take care of themselves, and required the white man to do it for them. Usually they were sent to missions.

Reconciliation: Reconciliation is the process of healing cultural divisions between non-indigenous and indigenous Australians.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Protection

This was the primary policy for handling Aboriginals ever since the 1850s. Aboriginals were seen as an undeveloped, primitive race that required the 'assistance' of the White Europeans. They were taken off their native lands and forced into reserves, forbidden from practising what they have been practising for generations and denied nearly all human rights.

Assimilation

This occured during the 1960s. In short, the Aboriginals were 'encouraged' to discard their Aboriginal culture and heritage and adopt the White European way of life. This 'encouragement' often took the form of Aboriginal adults being forced off their native lands and into towns. It was worse off for the children, who were often stripped from their parents and plased into mission camps/'schools' in order to be Europeanised. They suffered alot here, like in the Cootamundra Girls School (or was it camp? :confused:), where they were given very little education, denied fundamental human rights and were often sexually abused.

Integration

This happened during the 1960s when the White Europeans realised that assimilation was not working, as Aboriginals were still clinging onto their culture. It aimed to allow Aboriginals to still have some of their Native cultures while participating in the greater community. It was a step in the right direction for the Aboriginals, assisted greatly by the Freedom Rides (I think) and marked by the 1967 referendum for voting rights and the right to be included in the census. They were given the fundamental human rights they have been denied for approximately 2 centures, were no longer seen as animals needed to be 'domesticated' and had atleast a sense of equality.

Reconciliation

The process of reconciliation began with the Whitlam government during the 1970s, where they were equal as all the other White Europeans. This period is characterised by the abolishment of anti-aboriginal laws and the general belief that the Aboriginals will choose the path that they take in the future.

Not sure if all of these points are right. :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Don't forget self-determination as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)