Need Help: English Advanced Assesment (1 Viewer)

B.B.E.

HSC
Hey guys. Does anyone have any idea on how approaching this assesment, in terms of structuring it out,etc. It is very difficult and i cant ask my teacher for help, as we're on holidays. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

"A PUBLICATION COMPANY AIMED AT SENIOR ENGLISH STUDENTS IS ASKING FOR A SUBMISSION OF A CHAPTER OF A MAGAZINE, ENTITLED:
*REPRESENTATIONS OF CHOICE*

THE CHAPTER IS TO EVALUATE THE SUCCESS OF 4 TEXTS IN THEIR PRESENTATION OF THE THEME 'CHOICE' (I HAVE CHOSEN: PYGAMALION[NOVEL], A LETTER TO THE EDITOR, SONG, CARTOON.)

THE ARTICLES IN THE SPECIAL EDITION WILL DEMONSTRATE STUDENTS' UNDERSTANDING OF THE THEME AND THEIR ABILITY TO ARTICULATE THIS UNDERSTANDING BY MAKING USE OF A VARIETY OF DIFFERENT TEXTS.

IT MUST BE BE 1500 - 2000 WORDS IN LENGTH.

IT MUST BE SET OUT IN ESSAY FORMAT.

Last edited:

fakingtheday

HSC
Wow this is a yum yum dude.

Here's what you do:

Introduction - Introduce your texts, if you want flag some techniques and some generalized effects. Develop a thesis based on the theme choice.

Body - critically analyse each of your texts and HOW (TECHNIQUES, TECHNIQUES, TECHNIQUES) they convey the theme and the emotions or feelings they create within the reader. Make sure you link each of your texts, for instance you can link by form or representation styles, you can state that they contrast in their perceptions of the "choice" theme. Just integrate it. I usually find that if i was doing 4 texts i'd have 4 body paragraphs, but that's just the way i write, they get reaaaaally long.

Conclusion - Sum it up.

Last words: Don't forget techniques but also do not overload it with menial techniques that have no effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)