need help for atar :( (1 Viewer)

felixyim

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I'm currently in year 12, and its nearly half the year has passed. The subjects I do are 4u math, adv eng, physics and economics. Expect for math, I don't think I could get a band 6 any subjects. From my pass assessments, I've been either a bit over average (but a few marks) , average or below average (that's for English). Anyways, lets say I improve to get around band 6 for math and the rest is hopefully band 5 (mid - low). What atar do you think I would get?

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
It depends whether they are low b5's or high b5's, I know some of my ex 2013 hsc mates who only got 1 b6 but high b5's in everything still got 92 i think, probably high 80s to low 90s? not sure youll have to provide ranks marks and school rank for a more accurate prediction

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Hi,

I'm currently in year 12, and its nearly half the year has passed. The subjects I do are 4u math, adv eng, physics and economics. Expect for math, I don't think I could get a band 6 any subjects. From my pass assessments, I've been either a bit over average (but a few marks) , average or below average (that's for English). Anyways, lets say I improve to get around band 6 for math and the rest is hopefully band 5 (mid - low). What atar do you think I would get?

what's your school ranked?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It is really hard to say what ATAR you will get, it also depends on how stringent the marking standards at your school is compared to HSC standards and just how well you intend to improve on all your other subjects.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
It's difficult to gauge what ATAR you're going to get without:
- current rankings
- school rank

because different schools have different marking standards and assessments. Also, b5 has a mark range of 80-89, and depending on which subjects you scored a b5 in, it can definitely impact upon your ATAR. i.e. a low b5 in English can give you a lower ATAR than a low b5 in phys/4u (although 4u would be e3)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

Just using the MATRIX ATAR calculator and random figures:
Adv Eng - 82
Physics - 85
Economics - 86
3U Maths - 91
4U Maths - 89

ATAR - 95.6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)