Need help from Year 11, 12 students or higher (about subject selection) (1 Viewer)

HSC
thanks for the help, im still not sure, need 4 more units between, economics, legal, pe, hospitality
If it were me, I would definetley not choose hospitality in your case. I would definetley go with economics and probably PDHPE because it is so interesting, but Legal is also good if your interested...

SunnyScience

HSC
I dont think so - the only real maths you need in accounting is adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and subbing into formulas. Maths is needed more for finance and economics.
My dad's actually an accountant :) But yeah, you're right. I'm just assuming that since he wants to do accounting, he would have a somewhat-"interest" (No pun intended :p) in maths and should, therefore, consider doing extension.

starmk53

HSC
N/A
My dad's actually an accountant :) But yeah, you're right. I'm just assuming that since he wants to do accounting, he would have a somewhat-"interest" (No pun intended :p) in maths and should, therefore, consider doing extension.
thankyou everyone for all the help, im going to go with

Advanced Maths
Advanced English
Business Studies
Accounting
Legal Studies
PDHPE

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys I'm having a bit of trouble picking my subjects, i don't really have a favourite subject but im into business etc.
I want to do something business related when im older (probably accounting)
These are the subjects I am thinking about picking, but not to sure if they are necessary for accounting or if theres somthing else i should do instead. i want to get the highest Atar i can

Business studies

Advanced English
Advanced Maths
Accounting TVET
Hospitality (probably going to drop in year 12)
and im not sure between:
PDHPE (im pretty good at it)
Legal Studies
Society and culture

thanks guys

If you want to get the highest ATAR with those subjects, here is what I would suggest (this is only a recommendation):
If you're good at PDHPE, and you think you can get above 85% easy, then choose it, rather than choosing a subject you're not sure about. Advanced English and Maths will definitely help you, but they are difficult, so if you're prepared, then go for it. I can't say anything about the other subjects really, but I'll give you information about PDH. It has ALOT of content, however, if you prepare your notes and study time, you will be fine. BTW, if you receive any assignments for the subjects you choose, why not get above 90% for them? You have every opportunity to do it, plus it will probably be guaranteed if you check it over with your teacher. It's also good in the long term, as exams aren not the same, and cannot be as reliable, however, if you achieve high marks for your school assignments, it will really help your school assessment marks, and could possibly save you if you stuff an exam. Hope this helps :)

ClintAndo

HSC
Hospitality might seem like a bludge, but its alot of work and you have to do 35 hours of workplacement in a week which I am doing on Monday at the Sydney convention and exhibition centre.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
thankyou everyone for all the help, im going to go with

Advanced Maths
Advanced English
Business Studies
Accounting
Legal Studies
PDHPE
Remember that you can always change subjects within the first few weeks of Term 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)