Need Help , Maths HSC in doubt? (1 Viewer)

flynhigh

HSC
Hi guys im new to this so just wanted to ask you all something. I do 2 Unit Maths, Extension 1 Math,s Polish Studies, Legal Studies, Economics , English Advanced and 1 Unit of Studies of Religion.
We have had our half yearlies now and im fairly confident about all my exams and ive done well in my assesments. But for my maths half yearly mark i got 78/123 and it is 25% of my assesment mark. I did the 2 unit maths course last year as i was accelerated and i got 72 for my hsc . I was expecting to get over 100 for this exam but some how i stuffed up. The maths assesment course is made up of :
10% Exam - i got 9/10 for this
10% Exam - again 9/10 for this
25% Half yearly - I got now 15/25
20 % assesment - I can expect to get 18-19
35% Trial - I'd like to get over 30

Guys i was wondering is my HSC stuffed i was aiming to get over 90 for 2 unit maths but my half yearly exam went bad and im upset as you can imagine. With that mark my maths assesment looks bleak. Ive already gone bad at the start of Legal, but all my other subjects im getting within the 80%-90%s and which Polish im above 95%.
Have i wrecked my hsc or can i still get above 90%, what can i do?
I also heard if i beat somebody who got a higer assesment mark then me within the actual HSC exam then i take their assesment mark is this true?
Please help guys as im really worried.
Cheers

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Can't do anything about it now, so gear up and aim for a better mark next time :D Listening to others' judgements of whether you "failed" or not wouldn't help, and the judgements would most probably be inaccurate since we don't know your ranks and the typical performance of your school :p

EDIT: And if you beat someone with a higher internal rank in the external, no, you don't "take their assessment mark". You both keep your own external marks (so you'd have a higher mark) and you both are assigned an internal mark according to your ranks, which will be higher for them since they had a higher rank. Check out this for more info :)

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
airie said:
Can't do anything about it now, so gear up and aim for a better mark next time :D Listening to others' judgements of whether you "failed" or not wouldn't help, and the judgements would most probably be inaccurate since we don't know your ranks and the typical performance of your school :p
Oh, he's around average rank, and the school does alright in the HSC exam, around 10-20 a year gets band 6 in the external HSC exam for 2 unit maths :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)