Need Help On Dot Point (1 Viewer)

Frost Fenix

HSC
heys pplz wassup! thanx lots to ne1 that helps us on these :chainsaw: dot points.....

- describe a gravitational field in the region surrounding a massive object in terms of its effects on the masses in it

- outline the nature of inertial frames of reference

kini mini

HSC
Welcome to the board Frost Fenix :)

1. All massive objects are surrounded by a gravitational field that exerts a force on other massive objects given by F = G*M*m/r^2 where G is the gravitational constant, M & m are the masses of the objects in kilograms, and r is the distance between the centres of gravity of the two objects in metres. The force is attractive and directed towards the centre of the object.

2. Inertial frames of reference - from the CSU web site

A frame of reference is a rigid framework relative to which position, displacement, velocity, etc, can be measured. For example, the interior of a car, train, plane, on the ground, the Earth, the Sun.

An inertial frame of reference involves no acceleration. It allows for uniform velocity motion or a state of rest only.

To this I would add that Einstein's Special Relativity applies :).

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Frost Fenix
:D hehehehe fanx lots! hey u know nefing about mass dilation as well?
What do you want to know?

The principle of mass dilation is similar to the principle of time dialtion.
As an object approaches the speed of light, energy (E) is converted to mass (m) by Einstein's famous equation (E=mc^2). This means that an object will continue gaining mass as it approaches the speed of light.

kini mini

HSC
I might qualify my previous answer by saying that "centre" = "centre of gravity " :)

IAW McLake on mass dilation.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

2. Inertial frames of reference - from the CSU web site

A frame of reference is a rigid framework relative to which position, displacement, velocity, etc, can be measured. For example, the interior of a car, train, plane, on the ground, the Earth, the Sun.

An inertial frame of reference involves no acceleration. It allows for uniform velocity motion or a state of rest only.

To this I would add that Einstein's Special Relativity applies :).
its also good to know about Newtonian relativity and inertial frames of reference in terms of Newton's first law;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)