need help on essay:discuss issues of perspective and purpose of history (1 Viewer)

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
With reference to at least three examples from other historians, discuss the issues of perspective and purpose of History. I'm missing sum otha important points and need help!!!! due on thursday! i was thinking of including herodotus, leopold von ranke and fernand braudel!!

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
We had to do something similar on herodotus, thudydides and bede...although we only had to discuss purpose and evidence. Have you got the warren book? It's pretty useful.

Emma8701

we have 2 do tha same thing but ours is in relation 2 modern so we got modern historians like Reynolds and winschuttle n that

Jennibeans

HSC
to be VERY basic Herodotus' history was written to entertain. "to preserve the memory of the past but putting on record the astonishing acheivments both of our own and of other peoples and more particularly to show how they came into conflict.' (from Herodotus' preface)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we just did an essay on points of view and perspectives in the construction of history...ill get back to u guys when i get my mark and paper back...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)