Need help on networking my comps (1 Viewer)

Sunshine

Hey wondering if sumone could tell me what i need to network my computers and then how would i network them. Coz i having probs using network neighbour. Thanks

simmmo

How many do you have? If you just have 2, then just use two netowrk cards, one in each computer, and cable to connect each to a hub. Are they both XP computers too? Its fairly easy with that, you should be able to go to network settings in the control panel and set it up step by step, otherwsie it gets a bit more difficult

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by simmmo
How many do you have? If you just have 2, then just use two netowrk cards, one in each computer, and cable to connect each to a hub. Are they both XP computers too? Its fairly easy with that, you should be able to go to network settings in the control panel and set it up step by step, otherwsie it gets a bit more difficult

rofl... very descriptive there. Control Panel? do you mean, My Network Places ? :p....

Originally posted by Sunshine
Are the network cards the same fing as internal modem card? Or TCP/IP ?
No they are not... they are Ethernet Cards...

ok here's the drill

What you need:

Two Ethernet Network Cards, one for each PC
One Crossover Ethernet Cable

Then once you have the two ethernet cards installed in the PC and you have plugged the cable into both PC's...

we now need to know what version of Windows you are using, e.g. 98, ME, 2000, or XP?

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Should be easy if it's 2 xp's

The guys at the computer store spent 2 hours trying to network my comps (98 and xp) lol

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Suvat

The guys at the computer store spent 2 hours trying to network my comps (98 and xp) lol
That guy's a n00b.

gilese

all you need to do is setup sharing on your first internet host puter then on the host puters 2nd nic put this 19 address in 192.168.0.1
then on the other puter put
and subnet mask as 255.255.255.0
then on the second computer put in the gateway 192.168.0.1

simmmo

Originally posted by Suvat

I had the same prob and i got two of my freinds over one who's got a degree in IT and one who knows heaps about computers and they both took about 2 hours to connect them. so maybe he's not a n00b

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by simmmo
I had the same prob and i got two of my freinds over one who's got a degree in IT and one who knows heaps about computers and they both took about 2 hours to connect them. so maybe he's not a n00b

If you wanted painfree 98 and XP P2P networking all you do is connect them both run the network wizard in XP and create a Network Setup Disk, less than 5 minutes.

fatmuscle

HSC
networking 2 PC's, no matter what OS takes about 1/2 max if you have the equipment and knowledge.

I mean, u have to set up 5 PC's in 20mins to pass CCNA 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)