? Need Help Please ? (1 Viewer)

abhyash

HSC
UAI:- 47.60

ok thats the UAI i got. i am a bit depressed but thankfully my sister who got 98.75 2 years ago told me there is always hope. The thing is, im trying to get into a computing/multimedia course in a UNI in melbourne. so i asked my careers teacher about my possibilities and she gave me 2 options.

1) For VTAC put some preferences for computing courses that are between 50-60 and hope that i get picked into one if they need people to fill up the classes. I also heard that i would get 5 extra UAI points for coming from a rural area (riverina region) in some unis. i need to find out which unis in melb allow that. She said that if the courses are desperate to have people to fill the classes, they will allow people with a few points off (anything between 5-11) .
And also i did french beginners and at the start of the year my teacher told me that they would scale my french marks up (i got 79/100).

2) Enroll in TAFE (need 35 UAI to get into the info tech course) and do it for 1-2 years and then get into uni. (not certain how easy it is tho).

Please guys gimme some information on the stuff i talked about above. i dont wanna end up as an onion farmer!

Gummy_bear

HSC
Without Wings said:
CSU gives you 5 extra marks if you are from the Riverina
Could you provide a link to some information on the areas that are given these points and what uni's give them out? only if you have some on hand. :)

abhyash

HSC
heyy help me out first, i probably got the lowest in BOS :(

7th Sign

HSC
abhyash said:
heyy help me out first, i probably got the lowest in BOS :(
dont worry I know a few people who got 30s, 40s

uai's suck :(

abhyash

HSC
from griffith,
wade high school :S

i think im going to go ask my careers teacher on monday about the info. but still more help will be needed!

abhyash

HSC
i'll try mrs barker on monday..

btw do u guys know anyone who went to TAFE for 1-2 years and then went on to do university??

Danoz The Great

HSC
abhyash said:
i dont wanna end up as an onion farmer!
Awww, I'm sure you won't :)
I was going to suggest all that Without Wings has, my cousin went by a similar method after her getting UAI (of 33) two years ago.

edit: She went on to do B Business/B Law and she's going really well!

abhyash

HSC
w0000 getting happier and happier! i just put down 3-4 uni course preferences (even though i might not get in) and 3 TAFE courses preference at the bottom. hopefully i might get a certificate IV or a diploma and transfer to RMIT university. wish me luck!

Last edited:

jack white

After Hours
HSC
My friend got a "below fifty" UAI (as she calls it), and went to tafe, and is now at Newcastle doing her teaching degree. She is a champ.

I wish you heaps of luck. And remember, you can always wait a couple of years and then go to Uni as a mature-age student. They will take experience not your UAI into account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)