Need help plz newbie here fob (1 Viewer)

geoff18

HSC
Hi im a yr 11 student who's about to enter yr 12
Newayz im just wondering if there's anyone here who like moved from standard english to advanced or vice versa and if there are ppl who did, can u tell ur expereince and whether u find the course hard to easy compared to standard. Also will be pretty happy if ne one can like give me advise to stay or moved to advanced english. My english tutor told me to move from standard to advanced and im still hesitating whethere to move cause my standard teacher suggested me not to. I got 71% for my preliminarys and came top of my class but like still im struggling to come to a decision whether i should move to advanced to stay in standard... thx a lot for u guys' help... looking forard to replies...

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
i'm a bit different to u cos i made the transition from adv. english down to stan.
what i can say is, maybe spend a week in advanced english class, and see what they do. if u feel u cant handle it, go back to standard. thats sorta what i did...

i was @ the top of standard english, and i reckon i would've done better when i've stayed. so u got2 decide what english course u'll do better in. :)

maplebubbles06

HSC
geoff18 said:
Hi im a yr 11 student who's about to enter yr 12
Newayz im just wondering if there's anyone here who like moved from standard english to advanced or vice versa and if there are ppl who did, can u tell ur expereince and whether u find the course hard to easy compared to standard. Also will be pretty happy if ne one can like give me advise to stay or moved to advanced english. My english tutor told me to move from standard to advanced and im still hesitating whethere to move cause my standard teacher suggested me not to. I got 71% for my preliminarys and came top of my class but like still im struggling to come to a decision whether i should move to advanced to stay in standard... thx a lot for u guys' help... looking forard to replies...
Umm in my opinion, id say stay in advanced for a while and then if not, then drop down. I had 2 students drop from adv. to standard but moving up doesnt occur very often...well 3 girls got asked in yr 11 to move up to advanced but they declined it so yea... its ur choice :)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
hi im azn. just thought you would like to know.

anyways. i moved from advance to standard. out of a class of i think 17 advance students i came dead last in the final year 11 exam. i dropped down to standard and put roughly the same amount of work in and came top 5 out of 74 for most assessments but did stuff up my first 2 assessments of year 12 (one of them involved an oral presentation where we had to pretend to be a fictional character giving a fictional presentation to a fictional audience *shivers)

standard feels alot more straight forward. much less BSing required to answer the questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)