Need help plz newbie here fob (1 Viewer)

geoff18

HSC
Hi im a yr 11 student who's about to enter yr 12
Newayz im just wondering if there's anyone here who like moved from standard english to advanced and if there are ppl who did, can u tell ur expereince and whether u find the course hard to easy compared to standard. Also will be pretty happy if ne one can like give me advise to stay or moved to advanced english. My english tutor told me to move from standard to advanced and im still hesitating whethere to move cause my standard teacher suggested me not to. I got 71% for my preliminarys and came top of my class but like still im struggling to come to a decision whether i should move to advanced to stay in standard... thx a lot for u guys' help... looking forard to replies...

vron7987

HSC
hi, i 'm currently doing adv but i know some people that have tutors who suggested to move up to adv because they were doing quite well in standard and in adv even though they wouldn't be ranked as high, scaling would end up working in their favour...scaling of course is not a very good tool to rely on tho, it can often backfire! moving up to advanced would require some work, you are expected to utilise certain literary theories for example post colonialism and interpret texts according to different readings within your essays. I'm not sure if you do this in standard. A good measure would be if you did any common paper with adv students, to compare it to ppl in adv. If you did fairly well and you are willing to do the extra bit of work (as you would be studying in the same calibre as ext 1 and 2 students) then i would say go for it! But if you have a lot of other subjects on your plate perhaps you should consider further. hope this has helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)