• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Need help!!! Plz! (1 Viewer)

Jezabel2411

HSC
Hey! Well, I desperately need with this IPT assessment task that i got. I have no idea how do to it so if anyone could plz help me out it would be much appreciated.

This is teh sceanrio that we got given:-
Stationary Supplies is a company that sells stationary products to customers. Stationary Supplies allows their account customers to place orders over the telephone and delivers the required products to the customers' premises. This is possible for account customers because the company keeps information about these customers in a database, including an identifer, the customer name, phone number and delivery address.

When an order is phoned through by a customer the company records order details, and in-particular the date of the order. Stationary Supplies keeps a database of information about their products, and when orders are received a record of the quantity of a product included in the order is recorded. An order may contain a number of different products.

Using this scenario, we had to:-
1) Create an entity relationship diagram to represent teh above sceanrio.
2) Convert your ERD to a relational data model.

And a lot of other questions but these two will do for the time being. I found the sceanrio and the ERD and RDM on the NSW HSC online website but I don't really get how they did their diagrams.

Plz help.

Srixon

HSC
hey, first u would have to make up tables for the information to be stored, have a look in your text book if u use heinman has ERD's in there they are pretty simple things. THey are jsut one column with the name of the table at the top and underneith they have the fields which are in the table then there is more things the same with a line in between fields which show the relationships between the table.

hope that helps if u want anything else explained or dont have an idea what i am on about just post again

Jezabel2411

HSC
Hey!
Yeh, I get how to do ERD's and RDM's but I don't know what fields have to go in each. Sorry bout that. So do you agve any idea what fields would go in each table? And yes, i did get what you were goin on about. LOL!

Thanks

Jezabel2411

HSC
Hey!
Yeh, I get how to do ERD's and RDM's but I don't know what fields have to go in each. Sorry bout that. So do you have any idea what fields would go in each table? And yes, i did get what you were goin on about. LOL!

Thanks

Srixon

HSC
As it shows in the secnario in one table there is the fields :identifer, the customer name, phone number and delivery address. and i wuld say that identifier would be the primary key as it would probalby be a number that is unique to the customer.

in a second table for the order there would have to be the: identifier, date ordered, product no. and quantity ( how many they wanted) you would also have to include other fields as more than one product could be ordered but i am not sure what u would do for that.

there woudl also be a third table this woudl probably include fields like: product no., product name, product description and quantity of product

hope this might help a bit it probably isnt 100% correct but should help you along

Jezabel2411

HSC
Thanks for that. I sort of had that but I didn't really know if that was right. So thanka very much for all your help. You wouldn't be good at english by any chance? LOL! It's just that I'm having trouble with this stupid assessment that i got for it. It's on journeys and i have to do a speech on it. (i hate speeches).

Anyway, thanks again.

Srixon

HSC
i came first at english this year but i suck at it so i woudlnt be of much help

Jezabel2411

HSC
How could you come first in English but can't help me as you suck at it. LOL! You must have some idea. LOL!

Srixon

HSC
Don't have much of an idea about it, would have to be the worst subject in the HSC if it wasnt compulsary i would never even thought of doing it

Jezabel2411

HSC
Hey! Well, i just have another question regarding that scenario. Sorry about this but i am sooo hopeless. LOL! Anyway, the question is:-

Relate the seven information processes to the sceanrio given. Identify who and what is involved in each of the sevev processes. For example, what data is collected in the scenario and who is involved. How might data be collected? Is there a privacy issue? Is the accuracy important?

So if you would be able to help in anyway if would be much appreciated. Thanks for all your help so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)