need help w/ syllabus dot point- microscopic filters (1 Viewer)

silly_sailor

baddest mofo around
HSC
um i'm having trouble with the following dot point maybe u guys could help out-

5.2.4 – Describe the design and composition of microscopic membrane filters and explain how they purify contaminated water.

besides membrane filters are there any other microscopic filters? or is it like many different types of filters because I need any information on more than 1 type of filter

i've heard ultrafilters and nanofilters mentioned... what are they?

I also need to know where to find diagrams of these, if anyone knows any resources (links etc.) it would be great help

thanks!

R

randhi

conquering chemistry has a diagram you can use on page 281, if i'm correct, tits around there

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
I dont think you need to know about ultrafilters and nanofilters. Ive got this worksheet that my teacher gave me and it says that "ultrafiltration removes most colour and all viruses while nanofitration removes hardness" Thats pretty much the extent of the information give.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Ultrafilters and nanofilters are just differences in pore size, ultrafilters 10<sup>-7</sup>-->10<sup>-8</sup>m and nano 10<sup>-8</sup>-->10<sup>-9</sup>m

Mootime

HSC
kimmeh said:
Are you by any chance from Girraween High ? :p
i am:p, im doin the same assingment- so far ive got, nanofiltraion, reverse osmosis filtration, microfiltration and ultrafiltration

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)