Need help with an Impossible Harwood Essay (1 Viewer)

HSC
The essay is:

Timeless texts are valued at different times in different contexts.
How have you valued the poems of Gwen Harwood? In your response focus on two different readings of at least two poems, substantiated by critics responses that either support or challenge your personal ideas.

Which basically means I need two different readings of two different poems, with my contrasting opinions on a critics ideas. On top of that, my teacher is a technique FREAK, and we're supposed to do all this in a maximum of 1500 words.

Does anyone know how I can actually do this? Maybe an essay skeleton or something?

If anyone has done anything like this, please help... I have no idea where to start on this one.

Thanks.. I love you all ^_^

kormy

HSC
First, you have to have your own opinion on the two poems that you are going to use (obviously). I think I would start with that, then go onto your other readings.
Where the question says timeless texts are valued at different times in different contexts. How have you valued the poems of Gwen Harwood? I think its questioning whether the poems are actually timeless. If they are, then you can value them to some degree. Yous have to prove, through the different readings and your own opinions and so on, that harwood's poetry can still be appreciated and understood by a range of people, ie you show the versitility of the poem and their applicability to different time periods and attitudes (tht's your different readings).
I'm not sure what poems you could use though... maybe "At Mornington", or "Father and Child"...???

Hope that helps...

HSC
It helps a little, although I already knew alot of that stuff ^_^;;
I'm just finding it hard to actually put ALL of this stuff in an essay.. I need some kind of structure to work with.

Thank you anyway :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)