Need help with Ancient History (1 Viewer)

kisschasysunday

HSC
Okay, I have an assignment. It is hard. When I am faced with hard things, I run and hide. Sad, but true. But then i concentrate, and usually end pulling a few all-nighters before the assignment is due, and I get good marks. But this is a group assignment. And my partner is a really, really, REALLY good student. Like the type that would be glaring at me for wasting my time on this instead of researching right this very instant. And we have such different research methods. So this really isnt working out. Now, I cant change partners or anything, but any tips would help. Just any ideas on what I should do. Or maybe you are actually an expert on excavation methods used at Masada? (Hey, you never know.)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ummm...maybe you could divide up the work between you, like your partner does the research, and you type it up, present it, etc. that way maybe ur great student partner wont get mad at you for not researching, because you'll have your responsibility and s/he will have theirs. i guess it depends wat ur assignment is like.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
whats it on?

i am so glad we don't have any group work in yr 12. but splitting up the work is a good idea. ie i write well so i usually do the actual writing in groupstuff whereas someone else will do the research and someone else whatever else is left over.

also is it a topic you could split into sections? ie when we did socrates for our group task last year some of us looked at sources, some looked at his death and the reasons for it, etc etc. maybe instead of splitting it into research/writing you could do it as a part a/part b thing?

Guernica

HSC
Heyyy Megan! *waves crazy*
Who's your partner? Amy or Kristy? One of them, I'm thinking.

But yeah, as someone said... allocate jobs to either of you, so you're not being all glaring and getting why-aren't-you-working-harder looks.

Last edited:

kisschasysunday

HSC
Hey Bec!!! My computer is healthy again! I tell you, i wasn't feeling too good without it around. Yeah, it's Kristy. But I took peoples advice and opted to do our speeches. Im good at talking. :) Plus, its Mr davis. I'm pretty sure we'll be alright, he's fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)