Need help with course selection. (1 Viewer)

mcslave

HSC
I am trying to get all my courses sorted for Semester One. I am doing B Commerce/B Science.

So far i have chosen these courses:

ACCT 1501 Accounting and Financial Mgt 1A

and ECON 1101 Microeconomics.

According to the handbook, only certain maths courses will fulfill requirements for 6 credit points worth of maths for my science degree. Now, i wanted to do MATH 1041 Stats for Life and Soc Sciences.

But when i search for this to add to my enrollment its not there, the closest thing is MATH1031 maths for Life and Soc Sciences.

So i wanted to know what my options are and why the course i want to do, is apparently not an option right now...if anyone knows.

Cheers.

drmix

HSC
N/A
MATH1041 is offered in session 2 only

wat do u plan to major in wit ur science?

gman03

HSC
You most likely can only do 1151 Maths for Comms

mcslave

HSC
I am not sure what i want to major in, i was thinking Geography or Biology or some other Environmentally type thing (i clear know whats going on).

I have to Get on of these done apparently
At least 6 units of credit of statistics selected from:
Could i wait till second sememster to complete the compulsary 6 units, or do i have to do it as soon as possible?

drmix

HSC
N/A
some quick notes on com/sci degree

the 6uoc of stats can be done any time during ur degree

u have to do 24uoc first year science subjects

normally students do

acct1501, econ1101, a math and a subject related to their science major [in first semster]

mcslave

HSC
drmix said:
normally students do

acct1501, econ1101, a math and a subject related to their science major [in first semster]
Ok i was planning on doing this, but since the maths course i want to do isnt offered, should i just do another junior science course and do the maths course when it is being run?

I think this would be good because i am not really sure what i want to major in, i am trying to decide between geography or a biology...

NT-social

HSC
drmix said:
some quick notes on com/sci degree

the 6uoc of stats can be done any time during ur degree

u have to do 24uoc first year science subjects

normally students do

i got a question...im 2nd comm(economics,not sure yet)/science(maths or stats) and was wondering. its part of the program summary for us to do 24 units of first year science subjects and i did 3 maths subjects altogether in 1st yr [since my major might be maths].

...BUT i need to do one more 1st yr science subject. do i just pick anything AND can i leave it until 4th year to do it???

drmix

HSC
N/A
i am in the same situatation...i have done 3 1st year science courses and have to do another, the answer to the question is that u can do the last science course weneva u want!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh drmix was right there. if you ever need help with selection of courses for your semmesters, always consult the online handbook or you might even just pop down to your faculty office.
ie. john goodsell for commerce and robert webster for science

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)