NEED HELP WITH CREATIVE WRITING PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm trying to write about how a wooden fence would feel when touching it but nothing is coming to mind, any suggestions? :)

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Just something from the top of the mind but maybe: the tip of my fingers touched the rough-textured wood, and it was far from smooth. I pulled away instinctively as the pointed sticks stabbed my fingers, making me frown absentmindedly.

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
I'm trying to write about how a wooden fence would feel when touching it but nothing is coming to mind, any suggestions? :)
Perhaps visualize an old wooden fence for a unique description - Characteristics may include:
- The white mold efflorescence
- The crystallized salt particles
- The moss
- Stray splinters
Etc.
- By talking about these unusual characteristics your description will stand out

Hiheyhello

HSC
dot points that I would elaborate on if I had time (this is v rough)
establish an opening: whilst appearing smooth upon its exterior, I soon realised my error in judgment upon contact with the weatherbeaten pickets.
you can incorporate imagery
- I was engulfed by the piquancy of blue gum, mingled with a hint of rotting mildew (research the types of wood used for fences) (olfactory imagery)
- it never took much to irritate my skin, and the splinters were no exception. they were thorns, they penetrated my fingertips, and I relished the pain. skimming my hands across the fence became ecstasy.
(obviously, you would later have to reveal why)

try to integrate context or foreshadow throughout your description e.g. white paint had been carelessly slapped over the top in an attempt to conceal a scrawl of graffiti.

some action:
-
a gust of wind disturbed the precariously balancing pickets.....

tips
- use similies
- use specific adjectives
- use description to advance the plot
- use adverbs sparingly

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
establish an opening: whilst appearing smooth upon its exterior, I soon realised my error in judgment upon contact with the weatherbeaten pickets.
- I was engulfed by the piquancy of blue gum, mingled with a hint of rotting mildew (research the types of wood used for fences) (olfactory imagery)
- it never took much to irritate my skin, and the splinters were no exception. they were thorns, they penetrated my fingertips, and I relished the pain. skimming my hands across the fence became ecstasy.

try to integrate context or foreshadow throughout your description e.g. white paint had been carelessly slapped over the top in an attempt to conceal a scrawl of graffiti.

some action:
-

tips
- use similies
- use adverbs sparingly
Idk why I enjoyed every second of what you just said lol

HSC

some action:
-

tips
- use similies
- use adverbs sparingly
WOW this is amazing, what a legend!!! Thank you so much, I genuinely appreciate it :)

HSC
Just something from the top of the mind but maybe: the tip of my fingers touched the rough-textured wood, and it was far from smooth. I pulled away instinctively as the pointed sticks stabbed my fingers, making me frown absentmindedly.
YESSSS I love this, thank you!!! legend

HSC
Perhaps visualize an old wooden fence for a unique description - Characteristics may include:
- The white mold efflorescence
- The crystallized salt particles
- The moss
- Stray splinters
Etc.
- By talking about these unusual characteristics your description will stand out
I'll definitely use these, thank you!! You're a legend :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)