need help with CUL207 essay - Claire and Dazed, help! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hi girls, (and any guys who happen to be doing this subject)

My cul207 essay's due this week - the one that's related to your tute presentation. How are we supposed to set it out? "Based on your tute presentation" isn't very specific :/ Unless it's a kind of "Define <enter term here> and state it's implications on us today" thing?

What do you think?

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
I was having the same issue! It's so vague but it's worth a lot:(. I was planning on asking my tutor bout it this Friday but went home sick. It's tough because the reading I'm mainly presenting on isn't easily 'merged' with the other ones. And you don't want to just regurgitate what's already been said (or do we? I don't even know)
Has your tutor said anything helpful about it?

(apologies for rambling, I'm still a bit sick and groggy. Also I think you may have noticed on Thursday I ramble even when well)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Sorry I can't really be of any help either.

I think its basically just a formal write up of your presentation. I cant remember what was said about research and stuff??? Do we just use our set readings? Because in that case it would be pretty easy. If i was you, I would probably just write it based on the questions you presented to the class. So maybe devote a couple of paragraphs covering each of those issues.

Its sucky when you aren't given a question.

HSC
N/A
my tutor said only really need to cover the set readings, major phew!

Basing the body of my essay off my tute questions isn't too hard but my intro/how I'm going to frame my argument is just blah :( I guess I can always look back and see the direction my tute presentation went in though. Boooooooo

Let's see if I can start this baby tonight :p

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
This thread is in violation of the Subforum Implementation Act, 2006.

HSC
N/A
Just letting everyone know that it is a pain in the butt and a half to frame an essay without a given question.

Now, if this were a straight out report I wouldn't have this problem. But it's a freakin' essay, which implies I have to argue a point making references to the readings to support this argument.

Damn, damn, and damn again. I've been holding off emailing my tutor (you never want them to know you're working late lol) but doing it now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)