Need help with dropping subjects. (1 Viewer)

mc88

HSC
I'm allowed to drop subjects still, but it has to be first thing this term. I haven't done my trials yet. I'm considering dropping Maths Ext. 1, but some people are still saying it may count towards my UAI, and that my other subjects don't have high enough scaling. I'm really unsure of it all and don't know whether I should drop it or not.

These are my half yearly marks:
English Advanced - 89/100 Rank: 1/12
Mathematics (2 Unit) - 85/100 Rank: 2/9
Legal Studies - 76/100 Rank: 1/16
Business Studies -81/100 Rank:3/13
Modern History - 96/100 Rank: 1/7
Mathematics Ext. 1 - 26/50 Rank: 3/5 (but now 3/3).

In my last assessment for Extension I got similiar marks, but was ranked first.

Should I put more effort into my extension to get it up and hope it pulls my UAI up, or should I drop it and focus on pulling all my other marks up. I was hoping for a UAI 92+.

Thanks.

HSC
if you want to maximise uai, i advise you to drop 3u. it's your weakest subject. it *could* count to the uai, but the chances of that are highly unlikely.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
he's got 11 units so if he keeps on going then it wont affect his UAI, but if you want to maximise your UAI and maths ext 1 is seen as a hinderance in studying for other subjects then i advise you to drop ext 1. However, youre in a vulnerable position of having 10 units, so you cant afford to stuff anything up.
All your ranks for your other subjects are excellent, so keep it up, and i think youre on your way to getting 92

mc88

HSC
he's got 11 units so if he keeps on going then it wont affect his UAI, but if you want to maximise your UAI and maths ext 1 is seen as a hinderance in studying for other subjects then i advise you to drop ext 1. However, youre in a vulnerable position of having 10 units, so you cant afford to stuff anything up.
Will it be better for the UAI to focus on the extension, or to try and get higher marks in my other subjects? I just don't understand the scaling, and the ranks etc.

Desert Dessert

HSC
it'll work out better if all your subjects are high. if you've got a low mark, then it's probably best to drop that class, as it will scale down everything else you do. Legal Studies really needs to be pulled up in yours (ignoring extention) - the rest of your marks are pretty damn good.

That's a fair high UAI you need - I'd consider dropping it. As soon as you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)